Kooks vs. SW vs. ARH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The X-pipe will allow for better exhaust scavenging, especially in the upper RPM ranges. The exhaust pulses from each cylinder bank will work to "pull" the gasses out of the opposing cylinder bank's combustion chambers as they pass through the X pipe. It's the same idea as drafting in Nascar. Behind a moving mass (in this case exhaust gas), there will be a low pressure area. That low pressure area behind each exhaust pulse will facilitate the full evacuation of exhaust gasses from the cylinders. When the cylinders empty completely, they're able to take a bigger breath of fresh fuel and air. That's explanation would probably make an engineer cringe, but the short version is MORE POWER!

OP
OP
showerfan

showerfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well ****. Sign me up for the SW LT's then with an X-pipe exhaust. Which intake should I use?

Hope that shit is loud!

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you don't mind a little intake noise, the Corsa is a quality setup and offers the best filtration. It shouldn't be of much consequence since your headers and exhaust will be loud as hell....but the aFe with no lid will be cheaper and quieter. Their filters are adequate or you can upgrade the aFe with a Powercore filter like the Corsa. Airaid is another option, but honestly we like the Corsa because it has a lid and Powercore filter standard.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the stainless works LT headers, no resonator , no cats, SW X pipe into a pair of Magnaflow chambered mufflers. I dumped them above the rear axle ( turned downs )

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the stainless works LT headers, no resonator , no cats, SW X pipe into a pair of Magnaflow chambered mufflers. I dumped them above the rear axle ( turned downs )

This is what I wanted to do but OM exist. But I do like the SW non chambered I'm happy.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Oh is the same other wise.