K&n CAI owners check your bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I was cleaning my filter and MAF at the weekend and noticed that the replacement air box sheet metal section has started to pull itself off the rubber connector to the intake tube. Up on closer inspection both the bolts that hold the air box section to the rail where missing! This is not the first time I have seen this, we had to do a trail repair on @caverndivers truck due to the same issue and it pulling off the tube leaving him filter less.

I picked up new well nuts and stainless bolts and will be installing with extra loctite this time (old hardware was on for ~2 years). Have to wait a few days for it to warm up so I can treat the section of type with no paint left on with some rust prevention and reassemble it all!

Check you bolts, and add some loctite!

Ricks_y

Reaction score
you are right, both my bolts are loose.

I noticed that the metal plate holding the K&n tube bounces, so it took the paint off the inside fender panel.

is it just because the screws being loose????

Last edited:

kevin85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quick question, on the K&N coolant reservoir, is there a min and max level indicator? I was looking for it, but didn't find it.