Juggernaut UPR oil catch can (GROUP BUY)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great product, but it really shoudl come with just a few lines on install - particularly as the arrow needs to go the opposite way to the arrow on the stock hose (which points to the cam cover). I fitted mine Wednesday - not too happy about the fit on the stock battery box - it almost fouls the A/C lines. Also had to adjust the top bracket to get it on at all. When I have a moment I will drill a new location a little more rearward for it. All in all its a high quality product and very happy with it, but just a few tips on fitting would have helped a bunch.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@The Juggernaut To clarify the logic around the check valve direction. The can captures oil and other condensate liquid that's venting from the valve cover as part of normal positive crankcase venting (PCV). After having the liquids removed, the air flows into the intake for combustion. That is the direction of flow and why the arrow should follow that direction. The reason for the check valve is to prevent possible back flow pressurization of the crank case particularly at wide open throttle and especially in forced induction application.

The reasoning for PCV is to reduce pressure based resistance to cylinder movement.

I also may move my mounting point more rearward. I was able to orient it so that is isn't touching any AC lines, but it might be just a wee bit close to a wire loom for my liking. I also had to move the can on the bracket to get the necessary clearance.

Last edited:

The Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@The Juggernaut To clarify the logic around the check valve direction. The can captures oil and other condensate liquid that's venting from the valve cover as part of normal positive crankcase venting (PCV). After having the liquids removed, the air flows into the intake for combustion. That is the direction of flow and why the arrow should follow that direction. The reason for the check valve is to prevent possible back flow pressurization of the crank case particularly at wide open throttle and especially in forced induction application.

The reasoning for PCV is to reduce pressure based resistance to cylinder movement.

I thought the airflow was the other way around. I'll have to turn the hose around. oops...

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No worries. I'll sent a note to Jon Bowen to provide some feedback to UPR about including instructions with future kits or at least hosting instructions online. Several including myself either completely overlooked the arrow orientation or were confused on which direction was correct.

The Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just so we're on the same page I added a quick paint picture lol. This is the routing correct?

attachment.php

Attachments

• raptor6_2.jpg
    raptor6_2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 350

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So this is what I did. the original location puts in over the top of the oil fill. I did this to keep it up and out of the way. easy to remove lower chamber to empty.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_5911.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5911.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 111
  • thumbnail_IMG_5912.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5912.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 96

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Changed my oil today near 5,000 miles since I follow the severe service schedule due to lots of short trips. Anyway, here's a pic of what was in the catch can. Definitely worth having.

Attachments

• IMG_5767.jpg
    IMG_5767.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited: