JLT oil separator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After torturing this product at 2013 Texas Raptor Run, I am going to share my opinion and review.

Before we left, I changed the oil and made sure the catch can was completely empty..

We left Wednesday morning with cruise set at 90mph for the majority of the drive.View attachment 20441

With several presses to 100mph for extended periods of time..
View attachment 20442

Distance from Kansas City, MO to Sweetwater, TX 662miles, we averaged 9 miles per gallon..

I reset the trip once we got to the Ranch, and we did not leave the Ranch all weekend. During the weekend we accumulated 227 miles @ 7 miles to gallon. Two full loops (43 miles) two front half (23 miles) two back half (20 miles) or 172 miles on the course in offroad mode, and 55 miles going to shop, animal cruise and running around.

The trip home was 670 miles of cruise set on 80 mph..

Total trip 1559 miles...

So, now you have a idea of the abuse over 5 days..

This morning, I opened hood and check JLT catch can..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 20443
Everything looks good... A little dusty...

View attachment 20444
Wow!

View attachment 20445
I am really surprised at the amount of crap that this caught!

I am sold! Very amazing product. I seriously recommend this product if you go off road and use off road mode!

Last edited:

Scott13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy cow... not surprising though for all of the high RPM driving you did tho.. it does a great job though!

HiTechRedneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a supercharged Harley truck for several years before getting my Raptor and my wife has a 2012 GT500 - also supercharged. I have (Had) the JLT oil seps on both vehicles and swear by them!!!!!
I wasn't sure that the Raptor would need one - until now!
We used them on the blown vehicles because without it the intercooler would get NASTY with coated oil and had to be removed and cleaned. If you ever saw one of those you would be sold NOW.
Guess I now know my next Raptor mod!

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was about 2-3 tablespoons worth of dark (cooked) oil... Just thinking that all of the junk would have been covering intake tract.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My results were almost the same with my JLT at TRR. I also was a bit skeptical that it would move around, come loose or damage something. Happy to report no issues whatsoever! And plenty of burnt oil captured.