JDM vs 5* vs SVC tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I ended up going with SVC.

I swapped in some Kooks headers, off road Y pipe, Roush catback, Airraid intake.

I used the SCT canned tune for 3-4 days while I waited for the SVC tune.

The canned tune felt sloppy. Lazy. I gave it a few days to adjust also but still felt... fat.

I loaded the SVC tune and did the Kam reset. Truck is like an angry version of a stock Raptor. Everything is crisp and instant. Shifts are where they should be. Basically stock for old man driving around town or in your face when you ask it.

Truck idles cleaner (?) if that is a good way to discribe it. Acceleration is smooth and instant.

I'm done. This truck is 100% now.

Thanks to this forum for the header install help and thanks to Jeff @svc for the tune.

Do you have the tune paired with a Pedal Commander? I found the PC to be the best performance mod I've done, but I haven't done headers.

OP
OP
D

donk_316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the tune paired with a Pedal Commander? I found the PC to be the best performance mod I've done, but I haven't done headers.

No. I was under the impression that the pedal commander was for trucks without a tune and the tune makes the throttle response more crisp. Although the PC makes that response adjustable. I don't see the need for it.

Leonidas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it easy to go back to the factory settings with the tuner? So if the truck is running 93 performance and you need to get it to the dealer for work, can you tune it back to factory?

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's easily done with the SCT handheld. Don't think for an instant the dealer won't know you've been in the ECT.

Leonidas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's easily done with the SCT handheld. Don't think for an instant the dealer won't know you've been in the ECT.
that's my concern. I paid for (basically) a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty (since I bought it with 50k miles). I don't want to void that whole thing out with a tune...

OP
OP
D

donk_316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would a tune void a bumper to bumper warranty??

If anything happens to your truck, they would have to find out if the tune was touched and then prove the tune wiped out whatever was broken.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would never use SSI again.
I really do believe Shawn Ellis is a scam artist. I did enjoy his tune but every time I had an issue something happened and he wanted more $ for an upgrade - computer crashes, lost backups, wrong strategy codes, wrong rear end, mixed me up with other people, had to prove to him via email trail I sent him correct info and he messed up. He never fixed the original problem, tons of excuses and sob stories. Wasn't just me.
https://www.f150forum.com/f70/disappointing-ssi-review-287191/

https://www.f150forum.com/f70/ssi-update-important-252971/

https://www.f150forum.com/search.php?searchid=13152021

Last edited:

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SHO group swears by him. All tuners seem to have some rep and it is hard to work through it. LET has had issues as well.