Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

JDM vs 5* vs SVC tunes

This is a discussion on JDM vs 5* vs SVC tunes within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Hey guys. All 3 companies offer a SCT platform based tune. Does anyone know why their is such a price ...

User Tag List

Like Tree15Likes

Sponsored By: GotExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2017, 04:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default JDM vs 5* vs SVC tunes
Hey guys.
All 3 companies offer a SCT platform based tune.

Does anyone know why their is such a price difference between all 3?

The JDM tune is $385 + a sales tax
The SVC tune is $250
And the 5* is $105

All 3 say that their tune is based off my strategy code and modifications.

Last edited by donk_316; 01-16-2017 at 12:03 AM.
donk_316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

I cant comment on SVC or 5*, but I have a Roush Raptor and I have had the Vmp tune and the JDM tune. I will say hands down JDM has their tuning dialed in to the T. I think most big name tuners are all pretty close, at least from my cars in the past. Its the little tweaks one guy has over the next that makes the difference. I couldnt be happier with JDM and im sure others will chime in too
JimIII@JDM likes this.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

I have tune from 5* and like it a lot, really woke up the 6.2. I paid more, about the same as SVC tune, maybe because of the five custom tunes. I've heard great things about the SVC tune and maybe you could get them to do a package deal with tune plus a pedal commander, the two together is a must have imo
5star likes this.
Raven13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I have the 5* and love it cant comment on the others but chris at 5* has totally awesome service. Quick and very helpful.
5star likes this.
Glenbartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

+2 for 5 star those guys are very helpful and informative next step for me is to data log my 93 performance tune and have them tweak it even more
5star likes this.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

Originally Posted by donk_316 View Post
Hey guys.
All 3 companies offer a SCT platform based tune.

Does anyone know why their is such a price difference between all 3?

The JDM tune is $411 (!!!)
The SVC tune is $250
And the 5* is $105 (?) but it seems like a generic canned tune by looks of the website.

Truck is a 2013 with Airraid intake, kooks headers and off-road mid pipe with Roush catback

We are $385 for custom tune files, not $411...?

Along with our tuning comes very good customer service, revisions if necessary, and future tuning support. We do charge for certain changes that require a new file to be made.

Our experience over the years certainly makes our tuning stand out over the competitions. Drive-ability as well as performance is important to us, most people say that after our tuning was installed that it's the way the truck should have came from the factory!

Tuning is different then buying an air intake or other part that is listed at a manufactures retail price. You are going to see a wide range in pricing, but you will get what you pay for.

JimIII
cups and AndysLog like this.

JimIII@JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have to agree with Jim from JDM. Pay little more and be a lot happier. I went 5* route basically because it was in some many freakin posts here. Getting multiple tunes was a priority for me as my truck is a DD. I also had them do a tow tune for me as I have pulled a trailer in my last truck and wanted that capability if I decide to do it again.
JimIII@JDM likes this.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by JimIII@JDM View Post
We are $385 for custom tune files, not $411...?

Along with our tuning comes very good customer service, revisions if necessary, and future tuning support. We do charge for certain changes that require a new file to be made.

Our experience over the years certainly makes our tuning stand out over the competitions. Drive-ability as well as performance is important to us, most people say that after our tuning was installed that it's the way the truck should have came from the factory!

Tuning is different then buying an air intake or other part that is listed at a manufactures retail price. You are going to see a wide range in pricing, but you will get what you pay for.

JimIII
The price on the website is $385 + $26.47 taxes added at the checkout, so the total is $411.47

I appreciate your response but as you can surely guess, every tuner says that. Literally word for word.
donk_316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I tried a few different tunes on my Raptor. The first was when I had the CAI and Exhaust installed that really woke the truck up. After a month or two I had headers installed
5* e- mailed me a update tune file to accommodate for the new headers with the new found power of maybe 30HP I did notice the shifting was a little harsher then I like with the tune. After reading a article about JDM I gave them a call and talked to JimIII I gave him my strategy code and when I got there they had a tune file waiting after they installed it I took it on a test ride 3rd & 4th was banging a bit they rewrote it went on test drive 3rd was fine but 4th was still a little aggressive he rewrote it again and it drove like a luxury car every sift was smoooth. The point I'm trying to make they have the knowledge and talent to make these Awesome Trucks drive exactly the way we want. And that my friend is priceless!!

JDM made it fun to drive my Raptor again
RaptorJet likes this.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

Originally Posted by donk_316 View Post
The price on the website is $385 + $26.47 taxes added at the checkout, so the total is $411.47

I appreciate your response but as you can surely guess, every tuner says that. Literally word for word.
Tax is only charged when ordering in the state of New Jersey since that's where we are located.

JimIII@JDM is offline   Reply With Quote