GEN 1 JDM tuner vs. custom shop Dyno tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand that part
However, that is a preprogrammed tune, contingent on telling the computer what adds you have.
Isn't a true custom Dyno tune more accurate?
This is my basic question.
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get your truck on a Dyno after you have installed your mods. Do your research and use a reputable tuner.

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get your truck on a Dyno after you have installed your mods. Do your research and use a reputable tuner.

This. I'm sure whipple can get it close but it can be fine tuned on the dyno. Good luck and let us know what numbers it makes.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If your not happy after a local dyno tune let us know, we would be happy to help get your truck settled.

JimIII

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This. I'm sure whipple can get it close but it can be fine tuned on the dyno. Good luck and let us know what numbers it makes.

You guys don't seem to get it, my truck in the video was Tuned by Whipple's Tuner right there in the shop.
And if something needs to be change or tweaked all I have to do is Data Log and I have!
Getting the highest numbers on a dyno is fine but real life daily driving is different and add your driving habits, tweaks to any Tune is essential.

So you're making statements that are completely untrue!!!

Last edited:

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds crazy. You might be almost as fast as a stock Gen2 when you're done too!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys don't seem to get it, my truck in the video was Tuned by Whipple's Tuner right there in the shop.
And if something needs to be change or tweaked all I have to do is Data Log and I have!
Getting the highest numbers on a dyno is fine but real life daily driving is different and add your driving habits, tweaks to any Tune is essential.

So you're making statements that are completely untrue!!!

So your truck was tuned on a dyno?

I agree with you it's not all about getting peak horsepower numbers. I want good daily driving habits also. Sounds like you have a good relationship with whipple(or one of their authorized tuners) which is great. I still think it is a good idea to find a local tuner and have it tuned on a dyno. Then if you have to have it tweaked, you can datalog and have your tuner adjust it. The relationship that you develop with your tuner is an added bonus.

I don't think my statements are completely untrue.

Good luck to the op on whatever you decide. Should be a fun build.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes I do have a good relationship with Whipple and their in house Tuner.
I have grown with the Whippled Raptor scene since day one 5 years ago and have gone through many Tune revisions.
The OP is doing a standard Whipple 700+ HP with the exception of the cutout exhaust, so it's pretty basic.
Now if your gonna do builds like Biggest, then yes, a one on one session with a Tuner is required.
Whipple's Tuner does do remote Tuning and has, but that can get very pricey and unnecessary if your just doing a standard setup.

Last edited: