JDM tune or pedal commander or both?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Looking to make an upgrade and wanted to hear what people with experience had to say about both these products. Any insight, reviews, tips, issues let me know, I can't get both immediately but if there is good talk about mixing the two then I probably would consider it! Thanks for the feedback in advance.

I did some digging and found a good amount from a while ago on the PC but wondered if it's still a good idea

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't actually know if you can mix the two... Don't they plug into the same port?

I as well am interested to know first-hand experience!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get the PC before anything else. Best mod for the money...It really takes your truck out of a coma.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Your going to get much more performance and better driveability all the way around with a custom tune. The pedal commander just increases pedal response. We do that and much more with timing, fueling, shift points, shift firmness, torque converter lock up, etc...With our tune you will not need the pedal commander it would be a waste of money. Give us a call if you have any questions or need help ordering!

Thank you,

JimIII

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you can afford it get both. They will work with each other.

I do not recommend it with our custom tuning, anything the pedal commander can do for throttle response we can as well. Our tune commands a 1 to 1 pedal response feeling. No delay or lag but not overly touch to where it's unmanageable for light speed and parking lot driving. If you have our custom tune and need more response we will update the tune for free! I do not recommend "stacking" it with our tune.

D

Deleted member 12951

I do not recommend it with our custom tuning, anything the pedal commander can do for throttle response we can as well. Our tune commands a 1 to 1 pedal response feeling. No delay or lag but not overly touch to where it's unmanageable for light speed and parking lot driving. If you have our custom tune and need more response we will update the tune for free! I do not recommend "stacking" it with our tune.

Have you tried pairing a Pedal Commander with a tune? I understand what you are saying but are you saying that without ever trying a Pedal Commander or have you actually done it to show documented proof?

I have never had a JDM tune but I did have a SCT Tuner with 5 Star and the SVC tune. Once I actually tried the Pedal Commander, I got rid of the tuner and haven't looked back. That is my own personal experience and only mine.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have you tried pairing a Pedal Commander with a tune? I understand what you are saying but are you saying that without ever trying a Pedal Commander or have you actually done it to show documented proof?

I have never had a JDM tune but I did have a SCT Tuner with 5 Star and the SVC tune. Once I actually tried the Pedal Commander, I got rid of the tuner and haven't looked back. That is my own personal experience and only mine.

We don't use them here, there is nothing different in that device than what we can control using SCT tuning software. Actually we have way more control over all throttle tables based on each customers preference. So it would be no benefit at all to us. I've had customers try installing them on top of our tune and say that the throttle response was way too much and removed the pedal commander because it made the truck almost undriveable...

There are way more benefits (listed above) to a custom tune especially ours than a stock tune with just a Pedal Commander installed.

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'd be more than happy to get my tune updated and i've had one other problem with it and i think you guys could help me with it. If i shoot email to you and we go from there? Thanks

JanT