Intake parts - what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aussiesvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've just installed a k&n CAI and I'm not too sure what to do with my stock parts.

Should I keep the or ditch them?

What has everyone else done?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Keep them. I put it back on before trading it in.

OP
OP
Aussiesvt

Aussiesvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I might find a spot for them. But to be honest I doubt highly I'll be needing to put them on.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Yeah. I might find a spot for them. But to be honest I doubt highly I'll be needing to put them on.

Never know. A lot of guys like running the stock air box due to the simple paper filter exchange while you're off-roading for a few days. While others choose to carry an extra K&N or two (or whatever brand you have).

OP
OP
Aussiesvt

Aussiesvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing to the stock unit seems like a lot of effort to replace the filter for a drive...

Guess I'll be getting a few spares and pre filters for off road runs.

Think in the future I'll look at getting a custom stainless steel snorkel & sealed air box. Similar to my old truck.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep it! To find room to store it, just put it under your side of the bed, if the miss's says anything, just say "well you keep all those box's of extra shoes under your side"!