Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

Increasing top speed

This is a discussion on Increasing top speed within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by Rockdoc I'm with Flying Raptor: these things have the aerodynamic graces of a loaf of bread! Get ...

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes

Sponsored By: GotExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2015, 04:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Rockdoc View Post
I'm with Flying Raptor: these things have the aerodynamic graces of a loaf of bread! Get a Shelby "mousetang" if your looking for land speed records. In my opinion you're expecting too much and it's flat out dangerous to get these things going that fast with the physics and design capabilities and restrictions. 3 tons of metal HAVE to be a handful traveling at those speeds. Hopefully not doing this on busy highways. That said, your truck, your risk, your life.
totally agree, I would be fine with a limit of 137. Not trying to kill myself. My 2007 Roush Nitemare F150 was built more for this type of stuff than the raptor and at 125-130 it was a handful

MustangAndRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

jef
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

How did you get the speedometer in km/h?
jef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 05:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)

I would plan on swapping out the driveshaft if you plan on driving high speed. Do not want to see what happens at 130mph when the stock one lets go. Also hope you are running a set of project tires at those speeds.

You could easily data log the run and see what it is doing when it hits the limit. My guess is that it still has a limiter set. You would see real fast in the log if its hitting a limiter as it pulls timing and fuel.