Ignition Plug Wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NiteLife

Reaction score
I'm looking to add a little color under the hood. I'm wanting to install new blue plug wires. What do I need to know: should I stick with the stock 8mm or increase the size, any particular brands to stay away from, is there still resistor and non-resistor wires? Ford Racing only offer wires for the Mustang engines and they have 90º boots. Any thoughts?

7963-blown-intercooled-d1-procharger-w-3-core-intercooler-62-lb-injectors-custom-tune-procharger-517-rwhp-est-hydro-dipped-engine-cover-gold-weave-carbon-fiber-design-coolant-overflow-tank-supplied-sc-system-install.jpg

highpowernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to add a little color under the hood. I'm wanting to install new blue plug wires. What do I need to know: should I stick with the stock 8mm or increase the size, any particular brands to stay away from, is there still resistor and non-resistor wires? Ford Racing only offer wires for the Mustang engines and they have 90º boots. Any thoughts?

7963-blown-intercooled-d1-procharger-w-3-core-intercooler-62-lb-injectors-custom-tune-procharger-517-rwhp-est-hydro-dipped-engine-cover-gold-weave-carbon-fiber-design-coolant-overflow-tank-supplied-sc-system-install.jpg

Did you ever find wires?

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think anyone does a set. Its a dual plug, and the second plug fires off a short wire off the coil on plug. MSD may have terminal ends that would work, but it would be a DIY project.

OP
OP
NiteLife

NiteLife

Reaction score
Did you ever find wires?

No, never found a direct fit set. Gave up on my search. Kinda forget now, but seems to me I priced what it would cost to make my own but couldn't find the correct 180°angle boot for the coil side of the wire and $$ wasn't worth the color change.

highpowernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys,
That's what I found, just reaching out to check before going with the stock