I know 2nd time I said this but getting SC now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
3499... wow

They are expensive, yes. But they are built like a brick *********, perform flawlessly, and they are tucked up high to stay out of the way of rocks and stuff when you're on the trail...

You can also catch them on an occasional sale like a Black Friday. Or just check with Rick @ Freedom Motorsports and see if he can get you a better price.

Attachments

• IMG_7977.jpg
    IMG_7977.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 46

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I’m confused isn’t every kit on the market bolt on? I have not seen any that required fabrication.
I had my buddy run a lil 1” weld on each end just because but it bolts right on if not. I also can adjust them right there on the fly.
Not even sure what we are talking about but it beats work so I’ll reply lol

◾Easy bolt-on design only requiring minor drilling.
From the BDS link...

R,
HAP

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
◾Easy bolt-on design only requiring minor drilling.
From the BDS link...

R,
HAP

I typed 17 different replies to this and I had to erase them all.
im glad your happy with your purchase can we get back to the world famous oil gears and how we don't know why we need them but we will say its a must.
this has nothing to do with you HAP I am just going back on subject.

I have been reading all damn night and it in fact seems that in mustangs it is very common for the oil gears to brake do to bouncing off the limiter.
So at least I know why my installer said this he is a mustang only race car builder he has prob read or seen it before.

my common sense tells me back when the oil gears were popping the tunes were not right. now that the tunes are better (I am sure not all of them) you don't hear of this much anymore. of coarse I am not trying to say this is 100% the reason but for me in my mind im going with this until someone can give another reason at least.

so who has the gen 3 on order? im hoping for delivery of my stage 2 gen 3 kit end of month. install date Dec12th.
when I get there I will ask him how much to install the gears and depending how much money is in my pocket and how he responds I will prob not get them.
im def not going to put you guys down that have installed oil gears and I am not going to put you guys down that have installed Rouge track bars. so please try and reframe from putting me down for not doing either.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

So, basically new billet oil pump is "bullet proof" versus any vibration we may see from the drivetrain?

How much is an axle and/or driveshaft?
Feel like it'll be cheaper to go that route lol.

drive line prob not a bad idea.
but to reply to your question you can buy a Heights complete independent rear suspension for a few bucks more.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrat's on your purchase!
I would ask the installer what methods they use to protect your truck during the install. You will love your Raptor more than ever as it truly makes it fun to drive with the added HP. I had the same struggle with the OP gear MOD as well. Found the same information and could not convince myself that it was required. I did however, buy the drive shaft upgrade from Axel Exchange. It's still in my shop in the box. I actually prefer the looks of the OEM...
R,
HAP

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrat's on your purchase!
I would ask the installer what methods they use to protect your truck during the install. You will love your Raptor more than ever as it truly makes it fun to drive with the added HP. I had the same struggle with the OP gear MOD as well. Found the same information and could not convince myself that it was required. I did however, buy the drive shaft upgrade from Axel Exchange. It's still in my shop in the box. I actually prefer the looks of the OEM...
R,
HAP
how many miles do you have with supercharger on it and what power level are you at? I remember your name on here from years ago so I assume you have a lot of miles on the SC by now?
protect truck? in what way? I can ask him anything you like though.

did you not install driveline because its ugly or just never got around to it?
I have not seen anyone else say they needed a driveline so I assume its not needed. I wonder what they are rated at stock?

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well with 4 other FORDs, I actually try to keep the miles off of the Raptor for daily stuff. I installed the SC @ 6500 miles and have 29K on it now. I did install the drive shaft when I got it, but I noticed a slight fluid leak after so I just installed the OEM back and left it. I spoke to Axel Exchange and they said they never had anyone else experience a leak and that it may have been residual in the seal cavity. I bought new seals from FORD just in case, but the OEM has been bone dry so I never bothered with the shaft or seals again. Installed the Roush Stage 2 with the Ford Racing TB upgrade. I added a Doug's cut-out a few months later to complete the sound.

BTW according to JDM, he has used the OEM drive shafts on vehicles up to 1K HP. The AE drive shaft is supposed to be balanced to a higher RPM range than the stock.
As for protecting the truck during install, I wanted to be careful so I bought some new rubber backed rug runners to cover the bumper and fenders. I was gonna attach the link to my install but the pics are no longer visible thanks to shit bucket.

R,
HAP

how many miles do you have with supercharger on it and what power level are you at? I remember your name on here from years ago so I assume you have a lot of miles on the SC by now?
protect truck? in what way? I can ask him anything you like though.

did you not install driveline because its ugly or just never got around to it?
I have not seen anyone else say they needed a driveline so I assume its not needed. I wonder what they are rated at stock?

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you have a lot of power on your truck with no oil upgrade that’s good to know.

I’m not sure what he used to protect the fenders but most shops always have the fender cover.
My impala is getting worked on right now and I was there yesterday funny how protected they have that thing the roof is covered in plastic both fenders have the
Covers the driver side door has a ramp looking thing that’s a giant pad to work under dash and the steering column is completely covered in blue tape all topped off with a lil steering wheel cover thing. I was impressed how much they went through to protect it.
Sorry I’m rambling good to know I won’t need a drive line also because I’m slowly going broke working on 2 cars and a supercharger for my DD and Xmas is coming lol oh well you only live once

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Little late to the game here but , If you don't plan on opening up the motor and building it after some time id run the Roush unit . Bottom and mid range power is better with the TVS unit then the Whipple . The TVS is a 2.3 to the Whipple 2.9L , which will make more power higher in the range and on a bigger motor. A Roush truck will walk away from a Whipple bottom to mid range . There are different power levels you can do like the 590 offroad then add the JDM tune and TB .

You can also do like I did which was get a Roush unit that has been made to custom specs and and produced by Roush , a 69mm pulley instead of the 75mm and a 67 mm TB with a custom tune . I also added a Afco cooler with dual fans to help with the warmer temps here in NV .

The Roush kits are in stock and ready to ship . If i can help let me know , we have done many of these kits . I can send to you or we can install here is our Ford Certified Mechanics 702-202-1263

OP
OP
R

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little late to the game here but , If you don't plan on opening up the motor and building it after some time id run the Roush unit . Bottom and mid range power is better with the TVS unit then the Whipple . The TVS is a 2.3 to the Whipple 2.9L , which will make more power higher in the range and on a bigger motor. A Roush truck will walk away from a Whipple bottom to mid range . There are different power levels you can do like the 590 offroad then add the JDM tune and TB .

You can also do like I did which was get a Roush unit that has been made to custom specs and and produced by Roush , a 69mm pulley instead of the 75mm and a 67 mm TB with a custom tune . I also added a Afco cooler with dual fans to help with the warmer temps here in NV .

The Roush kits are in stock and ready to ship . If i can help let me know , we have done many of these kits . I can send to you or we can install here is our Ford Certified Mechanics 702-202-1263
yes my research found that same thing the first time I was going to SC the truck. and I am going to whipple this time for 3 reasons first the gen 3 is supposed to run much more efficient and I can get a good deal on it,lol but most important the tune or tuning on the whipple buy whipple/ford is "supposed" to be the better and they have revised it. everyone else made their tune and left it.
if for some reason Whipple lags I have no problem jumping ship back to roush (my first choice)
thank you for your reply
i

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

what injectors are the roush kits using? messing with pullys outside of what is know isn't for me anymore. 10 years ago I would of slapped anypart you wanted on my truck. I have had bad luck experimenting with pullys back with my AMG. it would run like a ***** ape 1/8th mile and fall on its face last 1/8 from heat even with extra heat exchanger and extra water pump. lol I even stuck an experimental Cam in it. I had no fear back then also had more money didn't care if I blew a 40K motor Id build it better. them days are gone now.

last question do you have the oil gear upgrade?

Last edited: