How smooth is your idle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's #4 cause the dealer looked at. When they load tested it though it was fine. Idk

I only run 91 octane. Almost 12k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor seems fine, but my and my wife's ecoboost suck's while in drive and stopped at a stop sign. Runs smooth for say 10 seconds and then it'll bounce around a bit and run rough and then smooth right out and then it'll do it again in another 10-15 seconds or so. It's annoying enough I'll shift to Neutral until time to move since she doesn't want her's tuned.
I tuned mine and upped the RPM while in gear and it fixed the issue on my Eco.
Different tuners have different 'available' options but mine lets me set idle rpm while in park and idle rpm while in gear, each its own setting. There's a bunch more available.

One more thing, altough I haven't read this on the 6.2, my Eco was really bad at first, but I found the plug gaps all over the place. Once I gapped them all the same it was much better, but still had the same issue above. Anyway might be worth checking plug gap, but a tuner should help.

Last edited:

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced both cylinder #4 spark plugs...about a 15 min. Job total with a beer in between. Bottom #4 looked really funny. Works a lot better now. I wonder if it just wasn't a bad plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1000hp

Reaction score
Bump.

Just bought this this truck, and it has a slightly rough idle. I've confirmed that the plugs were done by the dealer at 100k. Haven't actually looked at them yet.

Idle is at 650ish, roughness doesn't go away until 1000RPM or so.