Hellion Turbo kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hedges4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well does anyone on here actually know of a successful hellion kit being run? I know all the pros for just putting a whipple or a roush on it. The hellion kit itself is $9,000 plus some add ons and I can do the install myself so the only real trouble seems to be the tune for it. Is there any good tunes out there for it that could be a good base for a tuner around me to start on? Its just hard seeing the numbers that englishrodder had put down to the wheels and comparing it to the whipple without even considering the hellion kit as an option.

Myself and another guy run hellions and we're pretty happy. Had some issues to work out at first , but minor.

Tune was good from blow by. Definitely find a good tuner and tune low at first. The other guy runs a liernois 6.6 now because he thought 11 psi was cool. Lol

GutweinMCP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super late to the party on this. We did a Hellion kit for a customer on theirs and had a pretty good experience with everything. We didn't get a few parts in the initial ship, but had them next day once we called (AZ to IN) We have a tuner out of Indy (Fathouse Fabrications) who did a great job with the tune. We are running 6-8psi and with the cats out it's making just about 550 to the tire.

Sigmoid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what I KNOW based on my personal experience. First, I am in no way connected to Hellion, whatsoever. I just happen to live in Albuquerque, where Hellion is located.

After careful consideration I chose Turbo over SC even though the initial cost is significantly more. Once I decided to go turbo, I only pulled the trigger after getting one of the best tuners in the world to install it in his shop.

Installing a system like this is no joke. I would not have done it if it could not be done by guys with a trainload of experience. Chris Groves and his guys at Dyno Edge have to be on the short list in any conversation about the best tuners/horsepower makers in the world. Their reputation backs it up. They did a meticulous job of installing it...no shortcuts...it was done right.

During the process I met and talked to John Urist, the owner of Hellion at his shop. Hellion is LEGIT! The thing you take away from working with Groves and Urist is that its not about making a buck. Theses guys are driven to make the best product and getting it to function perfectly.

Like any project like this, I had a couple of issues. When I did, both Urist and Groves personally gave it their full attention and came up with solutions. Hellion and Dyno Edge are unbelievably GREAT!

I've had my Hellion system all summer, and it gets pretty hot in Albuquerque. I've made three long round trips from Albuquerque to El Paso (about 250 miles each way) on 100 degree days. After working with shiftpoints and the tune over the past couple of months it went on the dyno for what I considered to be a look at the final result. At 11.1 lbs of boost it made 745 hp and 784 lbs of torque.

Everyone is welcome to draw their own conclusions...but these are the facts and my humble opinions based on my personal experience.

Last edited:

Sigmoid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still running mine. Not bashing screws, I think they make Raptors perform GREAT, but there's not one that I know of that will even come close to performing like my Hellion TT.

MotoB

Reaction score
I am still running my Hellion TT setup @145k mi will be swapping in a built shortblock soon. I dont have Dyno #'s for you (I apologize) but the power is insane. Rolling around 40mph it will lite up 37" general grabbers (red letter) for 20ish feet @10psi.

My personal opinion: Hellion has been somewhat helpful with issues. If your running a front tube prerunner style bumper your intercooler pipes are VERY exposed. Lastly, the power is a bit much. The turbos are huge, when the power comes on after a bit of lag, Hold on and watch the rear end from stepping out... on the highway.