Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I was hoping to hold off until seeing the 2016 model before deciding, but patience was never a virtue for me, so I've decided to go ahead and begin gathering parts for a Whipple based build. I'm going to go with 1 7/8th inch headers. As I understand it, there are 3 companies currently in the header market for Raptors (American Racing Headers, Kooks, and Stainless Works), is that correct? Has anyone seen all 3? I'd love to see some pics of the flanges (inside and outside view). Does anyone know the quality of the stainless steel used for each? I would hope they are all 300 series? Also, does anyone have any other thoughts on which is the highest quality?

As much as I like the look and sound of the Corsa system with black tips, I plan to leave the stock cat back in place and rig a set of electric dumps to one of the auxiliary switches. Loud exhaust gets me into too much trouble so I want to be able to keep it quiet when needed.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SW is 304L and I love my setup. Quality construction. I've heard good things about ARH also but haven't spoken to anyone with kooks.