Has anyone replaced their Oil Cooler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I broke one of the nipples on the oil cooler while conducting a simple oil change. My oil filter was on really tight where I couldn't get it off with my hands, so I had to break out the oil filter tool. Get the ring on and down I push and while pushing down on the removal tool it slipped off the grip of the filter knocking the handle right into the nipple and by doing that I cracked it, just the way my day went.

Now, the oil cooler is $80 but has anyone replaced one on this motor? If so, where are the bolts or is there only one bolt (that being the oil filter neck)?

Here is the PART

Here is a picture 45cb728847f1df499d6dec0ff541ef56.jpg

Here is a zoomed picture 4e0bce6d395c4bfd5d8a21e5aa3d90f6.jpg

Last edited:

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the 2014 service manual: Oil cooler In vehicle repair 6.2l

Removal and Installation

With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist. For additional information, refer to Section 100-02 .
Drain the engine cooling system. For additional information, refer to Section 303-03 .
Remove and discard the oil filter.
Disconnect the oil cooler coolant hose quick connect couplings and position aside. For additional information, refer to Section 310-00 .
NOTICE: If metal foreign material is present in the oil cooler, mechanical concerns exist. To diagnose mechanical concerns, refer to Section 303-00 .

Remove the threaded shaft and the oil cooler. Inspect the engine oil cooler.
Installation

Position the oil cooler and install the threaded shaft.
Tighten to 58 Nm (43 lb-ft).
Connect the oil cooler coolant hose quick connect couplings. For additional information, refer to Section 310-00 .
Install a new oil filter in 2 stages.
Stage 1: Tighten to 5 Nm (44 lb-in).
Stage 2: Tighten an additional 180 degrees.
Fill and bleed the engine cooling system. For additional information, refer to Section 303-03 .

Attachments

• SE2~us~en~file=N0126011_580_JPG~gen~ref.JPG
    SE2~us~en~file=N0126011_580_JPG~gen~ref.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Reaction score
From the 2014 service manual: Oil cooler In vehicle repair 6.2l

Removal and Installation

With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist. For additional information, refer to Section 100-02 .
Drain the engine cooling system. For additional information, refer to Section 303-03 .
Remove and discard the oil filter.
Disconnect the oil cooler coolant hose quick connect couplings and position aside. For additional information, refer to Section 310-00 .
NOTICE: If metal foreign material is present in the oil cooler, mechanical concerns exist. To diagnose mechanical concerns, refer to Section 303-00 .

Remove the threaded shaft and the oil cooler. Inspect the engine oil cooler.
Installation

Position the oil cooler and install the threaded shaft.
Tighten to 58 Nm (43 lb-ft).
Connect the oil cooler coolant hose quick connect couplings. For additional information, refer to Section 310-00 .
Install a new oil filter in 2 stages.
Stage 1: Tighten to 5 Nm (44 lb-in).
Stage 2: Tighten an additional 180 degrees.
Fill and bleed the engine cooling system. For additional information, refer to Section 303-03 .