Gears 4.56

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lance Vincent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Raptor F&R Gear Set 4.56 Ratio. Has any one done the swap on 2011 screw? I live in east TN lots of hills so just dont need the tall gearing. Also i may go with some 35s after 1st of the year.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Raptor F&R Gear Set 4.56 Ratio. Has any one done the swap on 2011 screw? I live in east TN lots of hills so just dont need the tall gearing. Also i may go with some 35s after 1st of the year.

They come with 35's (34.5). Did you mean 37's? You won't need to change the gearing with stock sized tires and the 6.2. 37's might have an impact though.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't run 4.56's unless you went to 37's.

35's will be fine on the stock 4.10's; but I wish I had some 4.30's in it. Just sometimes. They'd be perfect for stock and 35" setups for hilly terrain I could stay in 6th instead of dropping back to 5th.

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the very least, use manual on the hills so u don't hafta worry about it shifting randomly on ya. I do the same when I run around in the dirt. ORM just holds gears too long for me, but regular w/o it, it's too annoying shifting up and down. Try t/h too, maybe that'll work ok in hilly terrain. Dunno tho. Save ur money and try lil things before re-gearing

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Do you have a Raptor yet? I really find the stock 4.10s to be very short when paired with the transmission's fairly low gearing. 6th gear at 75mph is about 2100rpm IIRC. First gear is about 4:1.

Tow haul mode works amazingly well in hills if you want it to be more aggressive. And the motor has enough low-end torque that I find it doing fine in 6th on some pretty steep grades.

OP
OP
Lance Vincent

Lance Vincent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gears

Yes have 2011 Screw just rolled over 35678 miles. Truck just seems to be in each gear a long time. I like take off power quick snap feel, the high gears just feel slugish. I dont care about mpg or top end.

I have sct 93 hi perf installed tuned to his larger cai from 5star. worth the money.

Headers after 1st of the year.

OP
OP
Lance Vincent

Lance Vincent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gears

LOL yes thats why i said hills :) Not like the mountains out west. : )

Insert Polaris RMK here !!!! BRRRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP