Failed radiator on 2014...warranty or aftermarket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss379

Reaction score
Radiator on my 2014 finally gave it up. Blowing coolant from somewhere mid-high in all over the front of the motor. If I could find a dealership within 80 miles of NW Houston that would actually return my truck to me without breaking something else or doing shoddy work I would go the warranty route (open to suggestions other than Joe Myers, Tomball Ford or Planet Ford, considering trying Henson in Madisonville).

I always prefer to work myself unless it is financially prohibitive, requires significant work/downtime, is beyond my skill set, or has other warranty implications that may lead to larger expenses down the road. I believe that replacing a radiator would be well within my skill set, not sure about possible implications for covering engine issues down the road.

Are the aftermarket options like CBR worth the gamble? Also noticed most aftermarket cooling 6.2L products are for 2010-2013...anyone know why the 2014 is typically not covered in the date range? I haven't been able to determine what might have changed for 2014.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Joe

OP
OP
Boss379

Boss379

Reaction score
Thank you for the link. I came to an understanding with the dealer that misdiagnosed the coolant leak the last time I gave it to them and they fixed all the issues that arose from the last visit. Had the truck back for a few days now and keeping my fingers crossed that everything is really fixed. Not 100% satisfied with the work done (upper radiator hose is not seated completely, zip ties used to resecure rubber air deflector...to condenser tubing...WTF?) but I think it may get me by for now.

Thanks!
- Joe