F/I On a Raptor..superchargers, turbo's, built motors, give me ur experience.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay..So Ive been reading the forums and I dont see much positive stuff about force induction..

Procharger having tune issues.. whipple having heat problems, built motors having problems.... and some burning to the ground..

Can anyone with F/I and come in and give me ur experience??

Reaction score
I have a Whipple and have no heat problems and im in Phoenix. I have towed my trailer that weighs 7500lbs with no issues either. Only problem here is I have an old tune so it surges. Whipple is updating the tune for free.

There will be heat soak of course but that's expected.

I had a procharger on my previous truck and I had some issues with belt alignment and slip but it wasn't terrible.

If you don't beat the hell out of it I really don't see much of a downside.

Most people don't make forum posts about how awesome things are but are quick to ask questions if something goes wrong...me included. With that said....the Whipple made a great truck completely awesome.

Last edited:

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a ProCharger on my Raptor and did it right with a good tune from Livernois, and love it. Power is great, drive-ability is good, and have not hurt the engine. I had them do a mild tune, which I think is a good idea on a stock engine. But planning at upgrading the engine parts this winter.

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also had belt aligment problems with my bmw before.. guess its something we havae to deal with going supercharged.. any youtube's or ur truck?

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

I have a ProCharger on my Raptor and did it right with a good tune from Livernois, and love it. Power is great, drive-ability is good, and have not hurt the engine. I had them do a mild tune, which I think is a good idea on a stock engine. But planning at upgrading the engine parts this winter.

oh!! plz make a thread about it!! very interested how it turns out.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whipple doesn't have a heat problem!
You may see a little HP loss on 90+ days driving in traffic but that's the nature of forced Air systems, hot air is less dense so combustion will be less.
I have no complaints, would I like to get my hands on the new heat exchanger that will be offered soon, hell yea!

Mrjeep94

Reaction score
Had my Whipple for a few weeks now. Love it. Love the sound, throttle response, everything. There are a few quirks to work out but I am happy so far. Downside is the wheel hop. I am building some custom traction bars this week and see how that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had my Whipple for a few weeks now. Love it. Love the sound, throttle response, everything. There are a few quirks to work out but I am happy so far. Downside is the wheel hop. I am building some custom traction bars this week and see how that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I would like to see some pics on that!!!

Make a new thread under the Whipple forum and suspension forum.
and tell us what you did please.

Also RPG another vendor here just did a SC Raptor with HD National Rear Springs. Their the GOTO Guys for suspension work for most on here.
You might want to give them a call.
I'm still saving up for my set and a new beef up Driveshaft!!!. LOL
If you need the link to the post about the Driveshaft I'll find it and let you know, if you're interested?

Last edited:

Killjoy

Reaction score
Hey is anyone from whipple watching these forums. I have 9500 miles on my 2012 Screw and the whipple has been on for about 4000 miles. I'm now experience hesitation at idle thats noticeable but initially it would idle fine and sometimes would almost die when switching into drive.

I cleaned the air tubes, made sure all the fittings were tight, oil changed regularly, but I just can't seem to understand why it pulses randomly at idle?

Do I do a new tune? fuel cleaner? what?