GEN 1 Engine/Transmission Mounts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYBlues

Reaction score
Hey guys... have a question specifically addressing all the heavily modified Raptor owners but also everyone who actually drives their truck extremely hard as well.

Is there anyone here who's developed issues with drivetrain vibration/stability or a failure at some point due to stock engine or transmission mounts?

My truck currently has a lot of upgrades and planning a few more this summer, with a possible goal of reaching 600rwhp.

So wondering about upgrading motor/trans mounts with something more hd like, which used billet/urethane rather than usual OEM variety of stamped steel/rubber.

I think besides the obvious strength benefits to handle the increased hp/torque, it may also help improve powertrain loss and ultimately aid in transferring more hp to the wheels.

Thoughts... ?

OP
OP
NYBlues

NYBlues

Reaction score
Hey Dan,

So how's she holding up?

I assume SDHQ's fabrications were due to lack of any aftermarket performance mounts other than the stock OEM versions?

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Dan,

So how's she holding up?

I assume SDHQ's fabrications were due to lack of any aftermarket performance mounts other than the stock OEM versions?

So far so good. Managed to break a twelve point bolt on the engine mount but the mounts themselves are holding up. Yeah I don't know of any mass production aftermaret mounts

OP
OP
NYBlues

NYBlues

Reaction score
Cool, and have a feeling you're one of the few who drive your truck right to the edge of what it was meant to do!

Yeah, I assumed Prothane would have made aftermarket engine & trans mounts for the Raptor, and surprised they don't?