Dynatech Raptor 6.2L Long Tubes and Catted Mid Section

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm sure some of you may not know about this system as it is fairly new and not yet advertised. Dynatech sent a rep out to our shop last week to check in with us and discuss new products. The rep we spoke with noted about the Raptor Header and Catted Mid section they offer. As well as their new cat design which is a larger 4" housing and more efficient then their previous generation design. With the demands on state emissions and inspection testing Dynatech proactively designed these cats to be both high flow and able to pass most inspection tests. This is very important today and going on into the future inspections are just going to get tougher and show up in more areas. Here is what Dynatech has to say about their system for the Raptor:

Dynatech Headers is proud to announce the launch of our new exhaust system for the 2014 Ford Raptor. Add over 24 H.P. and 33 ft-lbs of torque to your truck in just 4-6 hours. Although a tune is recommended, these power gains are before the tune! A power tune could add another 20-25 H.P. 100% 304 Stainless Steel construction makes the SuperMAXX header second to none. 1.750” Primary tubes and 3.00” collectors make a great combination for stock engines and/or upgraded power plants. The headers fit with automatic or manual transmissions. They come complete with a detailed, full-color instruction manual for easy installation. O2 Extension cables, triple layer stainless steel gaskets, header bolts and all installation hardware are also included. Dynatech backs up the quality with a Lifetime Warranty. Available with catted or non catted (off-road) intermediate sections to connect to your factory or aftermarket cat-back. - See more at: http://www.teamjdm.com/2010-2014-f-...rmaxx-long-tube-headers-and-super-cat-y-pipe/

Now I can easily say after having installed many sets of Kooks and other brands here it is not a 4-6 hour job but more like an 8-10 hr install. The power gains they claim are pretty darn good though and what we have seen similarly from Kooks Headers and Y pipe setup. These would be an excellent upgrade for someone looking to add some power to their 6.2L either Supercharged or Naturallay aspirated. The 1 3/4 header primaries will support up to 800 HP. Not many Raptors are making more than that which would rectify going up to a 1 7/8 primaries. 1 3/4" is more ideal for a truck between 400-700 HP than a larger 1 7/8" primary any ways. It is going to keep more mid range power and torque, which gets these tanks moving!

I am trying to gauge the interest of these systems and see if we can get some special pricing or arrange a group purchase for you guys at a deal that can't be beat! Sound off on your opinion, questions, let me know if your in the market for headers and what you think!

EDIT: Dynatech is about 6-8 weeks out on production with these systems. Retail price on this setup as a kit is $1899.98.

This is what I am thinking for a group buy. If we can get 3 orders together and submitted they will speed up the production date! We will issue a 5% discount code when ordering! 5 orders and the production date gets moved up closer and we will issue a 10% discount code! ALL orders will include FREE S&H!!! Message me or reply back here if this is something you would be interested in!!

http://www.teamjdm.com/2010-2014-f-...rmaxx-long-tube-headers-and-super-cat-y-pipe/

Thanks,

JimIII@JDM

11755910_10153872671855139_3934358243462048945_n.jpg

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So with a tune we are talking 50+hp???

Yes I've seen on many trucks we installed Kooks and other brands headers pick up 50+ HP with a tune. Here is a truck we did in house a few years back with Kooks Headers and Y pipe, cats, Airaid and our custom tune.

This is exactly what you could expect from a Dynatech and JDM custom tune combination! 50-60 HP mid range gain, 60+ TQ!!

Attachments

• scan0001 (2).jpg
    scan0001 (2).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 208

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Listening, and I have been waiting for other options to come out. I am still waiting to see if there will be a mid range set up (if one will package) that makes installation a bit easier.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's interesting to me that it seems everyone has been pushing 1-7/8 primaries as the de-facto standard for forced induction applications. Is that suggestion based on faulty logic or is there something unique about the Dynatech headers that makes them more effective at 1-3/4? I'm just trying to understand as I want to get a Whipple at some point. I'd much rather have more low to mid-range vs. moving the powerband into the upper RPM's.

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's interesting to me that it seems everyone has been pushing 1-7/8 primaries as the de-facto standard for forced induction applications. Is that suggestion based on faulty logic or is there something unique about the Dynatech headers that makes them more effective at 1-3/4? I'm just trying to understand as I want to get a Whipple at some point. I'd much rather have more low to mid-range vs. moving the powerband into the upper RPM's.

Faulty logic, 1 3/4" is good for up to 800 HP (approximately 650 RWHP) in a Raptor. Now say you go with 1 7/8" you might make a few more peak HP with over the 1 3/4" but your going to lose a little power and torque under the curve. Also 1 7/8" are more difficult to fit based on obvious reasoning of the larger tubes.

Now on a Raptor the bigger restriction is the Y pipe design. Kooks True dual exhaust fixes this and if you plan on going with a blower this is my recommendation.