Dip stick tube not seating properly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I removed my american racing headers from the truck and having problems getting the dip stick tube seated FULLY. I have the stock manifolds on and the dip stick tube is about a 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch from being fully seated. Seems like it will not go any further no matter how much force I apply. My question is there a way to get it fully seated? And will the truck be ok to drive if the dip stick isnt fully seated? I got the bolt placed that holds the dipstick in place. I loosened the motor mounts and still have the starter removed as well.

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it bolt down? If so remove the bolt so you can twist and wiggle it to help it push in. Maybe add a couple drops of oil on it to help is slide in too. Also pull the actual dipstick back a bit too.

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it bolt down? If so remove the bolt so you can twist and wiggle it to help it push in. Maybe add a couple drops of oil on it to help is slide in too. Also pull the actual dipstick back a bit too.