Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

Cold Air Intake Comparison

This is a discussion on Cold Air Intake Comparison within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Just cause you install an aftermarket part on the truck does not mean that ford will not honor their warranty. ...

User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes

Sponsored By: GotExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #41 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Just cause you install an aftermarket part on the truck does not mean that ford will not honor their warranty. Lets say I put a supercharger on the truck and it blew a rod out of the block. Ford will say it was cause of the blower but they have to "PROVE" it was the blower. So you take them to court, they tear down the engine, and low and behold someone forgot to tighten one of the rod end cap bolts... So as long as ford can prove the intake or whatever you're installing caused the problem then and only then will your warranty be void otherwise install all the parts you want! As soon as I get my raptor a whipple is going on after break in and a few oil changes.

After I return to the states, I will buy my silver Raptor with all the goods!
formuladriver01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #42 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Ford has to prove that the part caused the failure. There is a federal law to protect your rights as a consumer. Otherwise putting a fram air filter woudl void your warranty. All you have to do is take the dealer to small claims court. They cant bring a lawyer. the dealer owner needs to show up. PUll up the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.

for that matter next time the dealer says anyting about a warranty issue just say are you familiar with the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.

2012, 2013, 2014 Texas Raptor Run Veteran
CAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #43 (permalink)

Full Access Member

I was just in to my local dealer yesterday getting an oil change and checkup. First time with them since installing my headers, CAI, and tunes. The mechanic was totally impressed. We talked the entire time he was servicing my truck. He said there would be absolutely no issue with any of the mods that I listed. Ford would have to prove that my mods caused a failure in order to void the warranty on that specific part or component. It all comes down to having a mod friendly dealer with common sense.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk
dolfanatic1399 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #44 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

Originally Posted by formuladriver01 View Post
Just cause you install an aftermarket part on the truck does not mean that ford will not honor their warranty. Lets say I put a supercharger on the truck and it blew a rod out of the block. Ford will say it was cause of the blower but they have to "PROVE" it was the blower. So you take them to court, they tear down the engine, and low and behold someone forgot to tighten one of the rod end cap bolts... So as long as ford can prove the intake or whatever you're installing caused the problem then and only then will your warranty be void otherwise install all the parts you want! As soon as I get my raptor a whipple is going on after break in and a few oil changes.
Originally Posted by CAbimmer View Post
Ford has to prove that the part caused the failure. There is a federal law to protect your rights as a consumer. Otherwise putting a fram air filter woudl void your warranty. All you have to do is take the dealer to small claims court. They cant bring a lawyer. the dealer owner needs to show up. PUll up the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.

for that matter next time the dealer says anyting about a warranty issue just say are you familiar with the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.
bet neither of you have ever been in those shoes either, to pop an engine with mods on the truck, then have ford prove to you that it was the cause and voiding the warranty. In theory yes thats how it should work, 99% of the time, it's not.
whisler151 likes this.

M.HYDE - 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, 789/871, 09.88 @ 139.66
D.JEKL - 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, 372/450, 13.59 @ 100.95 - SOLD
GEN.0L - 1985 XL F-150, 1994 Lightning 5.8L Donor Engine Swap
Reptar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #45 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
bet neither of you have ever been in those shoes either, to pop an engine with mods on the truck, then have ford prove to you that it was the cause and voiding the warranty. In theory yes thats how it should work, 99% of the time, it's not.
Exactly...been there done that. The dealer does not have to PROVE anything. All they have to say is no. If it is the opinion of the service director that your aftermarket part led to the failure of a OEM part you are up shit creek. Sure, you can call in the regional manager, but likely he is going to side with the dealer. You then need to retain a lawyer and fight it...which in most cases is a lost cause.

People think that the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act says that Ford has to run all kinds of scientific tests to prove that the aftermarket part did or dod not cause the failure...not that case. A simple "not gonna cover that" will suffice.

Loaded 2010 6.2 | Borla | Bedrug | Top perch | RPG Stage 3 | Method Double Standads | 37" Toyo M/Ts | Glassworks Fenders | Four 8" KC Rally 800 | JL Audio 10" sub | Rockford Fosgate amp | 3M matte black hood | TMX Front Skid Plate

www.TexasMotorworx.com
whisler151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #46 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Small claims is your friend. No lawyers

2012, 2013, 2014 Texas Raptor Run Veteran
CAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #47 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Originally Posted by CAbimmer View Post
Small claims is your friend. No lawyers
True, but I sure wouldn't want someone working on my truck that had just lost a lawsuit.

Loaded 2010 6.2 | Borla | Bedrug | Top perch | RPG Stage 3 | Method Double Standads | 37" Toyo M/Ts | Glassworks Fenders | Four 8" KC Rally 800 | JL Audio 10" sub | Rockford Fosgate amp | 3M matte black hood | TMX Front Skid Plate

www.TexasMotorworx.com
whisler151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #48 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
Well pay all the court fees and what not or for your engine and labor...

Warranty issues are not up to the dealer to decide. Ford approves or disapproves warranties.

Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
True, but I sure wouldn't want someone working on my truck that had just lost a lawsuit.
Thats when you take it down the road to another ford dealer and if they say no..well just show them the case documents and all the other "stuff" and they will be more than wiling to help you out. Also it would be Ford you would have in court, not the dealer.

Back to the OP, I would find a dealer in the area that is mod friendly or use ford racing and or roush parts and have dealer install all mods and have on paper that the mods will not affect factory warranty. Also ford has a program to authorize mods as well, here is my Ford authorized under hood plate.

I don't know if the dealer would do something like that for CAI's or other mods...

After I return to the states, I will buy my silver Raptor with all the goods!

Last edited by formuladriver01; 02-17-2012 at 07:38 PM.
formuladriver01 is offline   Reply With Quote