Cold Air Intake - AFE Stage 2, Airaid, K&N, Roush - Panel Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KillShot

Reaction score
Engine: 6.2L
Intake Type: S&B
Tune: Stock
Off-road: No
Comments:

I've been a lurker here for the past several weeks and decided to purchase the S&B setup. I chose S&B over Roush, K&N, and others based on the commentary I read on this forum about S&B being top notch. The hood comes in contact with the pipe when it's closed which isn't a big deal but for $300 I would expect a better fit.

I'm driving a 2013 SCREW with the only mods being a Corsa performance exhaust system and the S&B CAI. I won't be doing a tune lest I void my entire warranty which I'm not keen on doing.

The S&B gives the exhaust a deeper, throatier sound that I'm not sure I find to my liking but I can certainly tell a difference in the throttle response over the K&N drop-in filter that I had, being that it has less than it did with the drop-in filter.

The installation was pretty painless, taking about 45 minutes from start to finish. I'm gonna run it for a week and if I can't get used to the different tone coming from my exhaust and figure out the decrease in throttle response, I'll just sell the S&B at a loss.

11096508_10203739327672329_5552201610524685104_o.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
KillShot - A tune does not void warranty. *

Note the *. As posted on the forums, Magnuss Moss Act means you can modify the car and warranty is not voided. Now here is the *, some dealers are a holes and will say your warranty is voided cause you installed X. By law they have to prove X was the cause. I have fought my share of battles and as long as your willing to fight you have high odds off winning. Just have to be willing to fight the bad dealers.

So what it really comes down to is not warranty voided but how much pain you are willing to deal with if you have a crappy dealer. Hope that helps in the modding thought process.

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with M3, get the tune. Huge difference in performance. Actually might do your engine a favor with the CAI since it will run lean with out it. I had a CYS-V with cai, smaller upper pulley, tune, exhaust etc. and I destroyed my transmission but a good dealer took care of me. We are talking about over 500hp to the rears. I highly doubt a decent tune will do anything. If your dealer really wants to be a **** they will hit you on the cai anyways. Don't worry have fun. Life is short. But I can understand your concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KillShot

Reaction score
I spoke with the Ford dealership this morning and was advised to stay away from tuners because "while adding a tune won't void the warranty, any issues that result from a custom tune will not be covered by the warranty. When your add a tune you're changing fuel mixtures and shift points, things that can have an adverse effect on the engine and transmission."

I'd love to see what gains I could achieve but I'd rather not risk it. He did say that an intake wouldn't cause me any problems.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is the normal dealer response. You have the information for what is real and what is Fords says for liability. Your call but you are at least informed now.

KillShot

Reaction score
After driving with it for a day, I decided to pull it off. I can't return it so I'll put it up for sale.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did a 190 miles with the S&B. No issues.

Install though one of the plastic vent tube attachments broke. S&B sent a new tube and attachments with no complaints. Excellent customer service.

KillShot

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't I notice a slight increase in performance with the S&B CAI over a drop-in K&N filter with the stock airbox?

The reason I ask is because when I removed the stock airbox w/K&N filter and installed the S&B, I actually noticed a decrease in throttle response and my Corsa exhaust became quieter than it was with the K&N drop-in.

This seems odd considering a CAI setup is supposed to be more beneficial than a drop-in so could something be causing an issue that would result in less airflow?

I had everything hooked up per the instructions but maybe I had a loose connection?

Pt2285

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im on the k&n panel and svc tune and it works great for me.. ive seen a couple of guys having to clean their filters out while in the desert. i guess if you run a pre filter your set but the stock set up is CAI anyways, and the end game is just to get more air into the manifold. panel works just fine.