Cold Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt_ivan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to get an inexpensive cold air intake pretty soon, is there any out in the market that i should really consider? Also, if anybody has an inexpensive one they're wanting to sell, hit me up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get a K&N CAI....Amazon. +/- $280ish. Best bang for the buck.

I have a used AirAids, but won't do that to you. You would have to mod it to hold up to off roading. Lol

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get a K&N CAI....Amazon. +/- $280ish. Best bang for the buck.

I have a used AirAids, but won't do that to you. You would have to mod it to hold up to off roading. Lol

this is so false..... i have an airaid, i have nothing extra for it, and it has held up perfectly fine to Snoball, Havoc and my sisters farms.

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The stock intake on the Raptor is a cold air intake. Just drop in a new filter from K & N or aFe and you're set to go. Cost about $40. There are advantages in keeping it stock. It's up to you...

OP
OP
svt_ivan

svt_ivan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock intake on the Raptor is a cold air intake. Just drop in a new filter from K & N or aFe and you're set to go. Cost about $40. There are advantages in keeping it stock. It's up to you...

Advantages on keeping the stock? Could you elaborate a bit?
Thanks.

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The intake tube on the stock unit is flexible which creates a more stable intake when off the beaten path and driving hard. There is vitally no flex in many after market systems which is the real cause of filters coming off. In dusty, wet, and or extremely muddy situations after market filters that are exposed can get clogged and/or saturated. There are many people will tell you that a after Market CAI will not really do anything unless a person gets a "tune". Have they tried the "tune" with a stock intake? I think not. So, it's up to you. Good luck...

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lots have tunes with stock intakes. I did till I got rid of my tune and went back to stock.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the Volant CAI with a powercore filter.
It's probably one of the better offroad CAI's out there. Will probably run you closer to $500, but it's sealed off from the elements and does add a nice growl to the engine. A tune is definitely recommended to get the most from a CAI. Talk to Chris over at Freedom Motorsports (site Vendor). He could probably hook you up with a good CAI/Tuner package deal.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The intake tube on the stock unit is flexible which creates a more stable intake when off the beaten path and driving hard. There is vitally no flex in many after market systems which is the real cause of filters coming off. In dusty, wet, and or extremely muddy situations after market filters that are exposed can get clogged and/or saturated. There are many people will tell you that a after Market CAI will not really do anything unless a person gets a "tune". Have they tried the "tune" with a stock intake? I think not. So, it's up to you. Good luck...

This!

Although I have stock intake with custom tune. From a very basic comparison my dyno results, as compared to guys with the same aftermarket headers as I have, were virtually the same.

Some have had success with aftermarket in off-road conditions and some not so much. They typically go back to stock (at least for off-road events).

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking to get an inexpensive cold air intake pretty soon, is there any out in the market that i should really consider? Also, if anybody has an inexpensive one they're wanting to sell, hit me up!

Remember, Ivan was asking for an inexpensive CAI. What's less expensive than $40.00?:Caffeine::Caffeine: