CNG conversion for the 6.2L?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knows of anyone who can convert these 6.2L over to CNG (compressed Natural Gas). There is a lot of government funding for this. The oil last longer plus lots less emissions. Also its $0.75 here compared to $4.++ Gasoline. It would have to be a bi-fuel or dual-fuel kit. They have some out for the 5.4L and looks like anywhere from 10-14K for the kits before Uncle Sam kicks in some.

Whats your guys thoughts? I don't know if i want to do it or not and haven't totally looked at the kick backs but from what i can see 50-80% back. Roughly 4k for this conversion.... I think.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all the 6.2's being put into the superduty's, I bet eventually there will be a kit for those that would probably work for the Raptor. Finding a place for the tank that doesn't take up a bunch of bed space is the only thing that turns me off from the idea.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure that the stock pump and injectors aren't maxed out so all it would do is take some testing and tuning. Living in the corn/ethanol belt I'd like to see it.

OP
OP
ISFast

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well as of now I have one less than 2 miles from my house and right by the stores i usually go too. Also Oklahoma is on a big push to get more stations. With all the NG under OK it makes total since to get it done at less than 5 times the amount of regular unleaded gas. $4.00/$0.75=5.333333

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
My house is on well gas. I've thought about buying a beater, convert to run CNG, and get one of those home refueling stations.

Neighbor bought a '09 F250 and converted. Think his out of pocket was about 10K. He commutes to Tulsa everyday. He says it saves a lot of $, but very limited range and it takes up a huge amount of space in the bed.

OP
OP
ISFast

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My house is on well gas. I've thought about buying a beater, convert to run CNG, and get one of those home refueling stations.

Neighbor bought a '09 F250 and converted. Think his out of pocket was about 10K. He commutes to Tulsa everyday. He says it saves a lot of $, but very limited range and it takes up a huge amount of space in the bed.

That was my question too! What size of tank would you need to have same size as a 15-18 gallon regular gas tank? You know the conversion from gallon of regular gas to same amount of CNG? I'm very new to this idea. Also having a well to run your house would mean it would save you tons of money

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I would guess it takes up about 1/5 of his bed. He's mentioned the pressures at the refueling stations are inconsistent and it's hard to get a complete fill sometimes. He gets about 150 miles out of a full tank of CNG, then he just flips a toggle in the cab and goes back to gas.