Christmas Day modding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jokerz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well today I felt being its 45 out and no wind.im going to install the one of the new exhaust systems. Laid it out at around 10:30a.m. Went through and made sure everything was there and by 12:00pm I had dropped the stock exhaust and had the Magnaflow bolted in.

Remove all mounting brackets and hardware from the truck from the factory exhaust by unbolting it from the frame. Let the exhaust hang. Then loosen the factory clamp right behind the ball flange. I then supported the factory muffler with a jack to take pressure off the clamped connection. 20 lb sledge and a block of wood within 3 strikes exhaust fell off. I then jacked up the back of the truck at the tow hitch so that way we could clear taking the exhaust out as a full factory unit. I then slid all of the factory exhaust hangers onto the Magnaflow exhaust system. Then hung all exhaust peices by there exhausts hangers and snugged up the clamps. Once I had everything lined up I tightened all the connections. Good to go

Opinions deep and throaty. No cabin drone no raspy farm truck sound. Nice crisp and responsive. With a stock truck the lower rpm band feels smoother for sure. I'm hoping with the cold air kit we see a deeper sound from the exhaust and a little more throttle response. This was pretty straight forward and it sounds great and if I have to go back for warranty a swap is literally 2 hours away. Perfect and one of the easiest kits I have ever put on.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451078746.228524.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451078755.749762.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451078767.196743.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451078782.497565.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451078794.331861.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love it. At least you have decent weather to work on your truck... Do you like the shinny exhaust exit pipes?

Mine are powder coated black...

PICT0015_zps0cgfz24i.jpg

Wideglide93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for the little time with it, do you feel it was worth the money? Being its my work truck it needs to sound good but not ridiculous on long drives.

OP
OP
jokerz

jokerz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for the little time with it, do you feel it was worth the money? Being its my work truck it needs to sound good but not ridiculous on long drives.

It's just that way buddy not obnoxious or loud. With cold air it will deepen the sound.

I have a 700 hp Harley and lightning with cab drone issues and it drives me nuts. This is the perfect sound to deal with.

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

Love it. At least you have decent weather to work on your truck... Do you like the shinny exhaust exit pipes?

Mine are powder coated black...

PICT0015_zps0cgfz24i.jpg

I'm going to run it like this for awhile

If it don't last I'm going to whip out the cerakote and cost them in that!!!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can speak for the Magnaflow, it is a nice exhaust system. Originally had it on my truck but decided it was too quiet for me. I honestly probably could have made it just right by removing the resonator, but instead i bought the Roush system which is the perfect sound for me but does have too much drone for some. Anyway, the Magnaflow is a great system and anyone would like it.