Caution, volant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hackleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my volant filter 2 weeks ago before I left for the big bend trip with WTFRaptors, HARO and SARO (awesome trip). i check it today (2-3 weeks after install) to find that the filter had split in half. Luckily there was no dirt or dust in the intake tube.

In my opinion, if you have a volant check it often. If you are thinking about buying a volant intake, dont.

I have sent an email to volant and will let you know about their customer service. As of now, they do not answer the phone

Attachments

• torn filter.jpg
    torn filter.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 183

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my volant filter 2 weeks ago before I left for the big bend trip with WTFRaptors, HARO and SARO (awesome trip). i check it today (2-3 weeks after install) to find that the filter had split in half. Luckily there was no dirt or dust in the intake tube.

In my opinion, if you have a volant check it often. If you are thinking about buying a volant intake, dont.

I have sent an email to volant and will let you know about their customer service. As of now, they do not answer the phone

Interesting I just ordered this style filter for my afe from fivestartuning I wonder if it is the same one

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
their customer service is well know as being horrible.

After the first run of intakes didnt fit in the truck and required massive modification to mounting brackets, and still had interference with the coolant reservoir.

Their solution was "modify the bracket, it fits on our shop truck" normally no problem, but not after i spent $600 on the intake.

they also charged a substantial restocking fee

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
their customer service is well know as being horrible.

After the first run of intakes didnt fit in the truck and required massive modification to mounting brackets, and still had interference with the coolant reservoir.

Their solution was "modify the bracket, it fits on our shop truck" normally no problem, but not after i spent $600 on the intake.

they also charged a substantial restocking fee

Huck is 100% correct, customer service sucks, went through the same shit, ordered there system, through a site vendor, day of install, the bracket had to be modified, called them, there answer was, we had no problems, then it went to send us the bracket back, you must of gotten old stock from the vendor, we since fix the problem, then went to they will replace it, but if I mod it in any way they will not, great to hear when your truck is torn apart, gave him a few choice words, and modded the bracket.
your best bet is to get a tube of window urethane and re glue the filter, they will probably pass the buck on donaldson being they make the filters.

OP
OP
hackleman

hackleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are sending me a new filter which i am to return to amazon (where i bought it) hopefully amazon will let me return a brand new filter to them close to 45 days after i bought it. so now i have a $400 volant intake system that I am suppose to throw in the trash because I refuse to install it back on my truck...

When calling volant for the 3rd time and after 12 emails, they answered the phone CORSA exhaust. Not sure if corsa is any good but i wouldnt buy it

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are sending me a new filter which i am to return to amazon (where i bought it) hopefully amazon will let me return a brand new filter to them close to 45 days after i bought it. so now i have a $400 volant intake system that I am suppose to throw in the trash because I refuse to install it back on my truck...

When calling volant for the 3rd time and after 12 emails, they answered the phone CORSA exhaust. Not sure if corsa is any good but i wouldnt buy it

Same CAI different branding, being you got it, just use it, I have no complants with the CAI , just there service.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would say you got a defective filter. I have run mine now for months, including at the sand dunes, time attack and snoball and had no issues with the same unit. I would not bash the product over a single failure.

You might as well throw your raptor out as the PS might fail, or your seat heating might go out, diff fluid could leak or oh no your 4wd stop working. Yes all these things have happened but we do not throw ford under the bus and say we are trashing our Raptors