Cams?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Livernois has some. If they are for sale or not yet is a different question.

OP
OP
mikelivingstrong

mikelivingstrong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Livernois has some. If they are for sale or not yet is a different question.

I remember seeing on here somewhere about a shop wanting a 6.2L truck to install and test some cams for a discounted price not sure if it was them or not. I will check into it. I am currently saving up and I plan on putting exhaust CAI tune and Cam in all close to the same time. Im trying to do the reseach and pricing now so I will be prepared when the time comes to order and install!

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was Livernois. If you search they posted a request for a test truck as well as showing proof of the cams. They were for R&D for Ford as the cams were direct from Ford Racing. Last I heard the owner of the truck had wanted more work done and they were waiting on materials. Though I think work should have started by now.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I remember seeing on here somewhere about a shop wanting a 6.2L truck to install and test some cams for a discounted price not sure if it was them or not. I will check into it. I am currently saving up and I plan on putting exhaust CAI tune and Cam in all close to the same time. Im trying to do the reseach and pricing now so I will be prepared when the time comes to order and install!

If you go with cams you are best to have a custom tune done after the cams. Not likely any of the canned tunes will give you the full benefit of the cams.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I read a post from Livernois that there was an issue with piston to valve clearance and that more R&D would need to be done. This really sucks because it means milling the heads isn't an option.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read a post from Livernois that there was an issue with piston to valve clearance and that more R&D would need to be done. This really sucks because it means milling the heads isn't an option.

I thought it was just a matter of locking the phasers on the 6.2. But if notching the pistons is what it takes, then yeah that will suck big time. Damn them BIG valves!

Last edited: