Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

Bully Dog Raptor Tuner Review

This is a discussion on Bully Dog Raptor Tuner Review within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by spoole96 I also have a bully dog tuner and I'm not happy. I originally bought it for ...

User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes

Sponsored By: GotExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #41 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by spoole96 View Post
I also have a bully dog tuner and I'm not happy. I originally bought it for a 3.5L ecoboost and the throttle sensitivity was way to touchy. It was hard not break traction sometimes. I didn't like the shift points when trying to cruise around (shifted out way to early with the added power). I now have the bd tuner on my raptor (after getting updated to work on the 6.2L). When at three quarter to full throttle, I can hear my valves clattering (ping I think? ). I tried running all the different tunes on various gas from 87 to 93. And still for it. It does it worse on the 93 tune. I think its to much advance in the timing with this tune for 93 octane gas. And I don't want to have use additives to get the octane up. I don't have any other mods done at this time. Thinking about going with a different tuner company.
Damn...what is up with BD? send the BD back and get your money and check out 5 star---------------------------------->

Old 07-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #42 (permalink)

KBR
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I did the 5-star tune in my 6.2. The power was instantly better. The mileage was a little worse on the 91 octane setting. I did 16.5 after the tune about 17.2 before. You can even hear the difference in the truck when you start it. The truck is more fun to drive for sure.
KBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #43 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)

Wow, I got 16.5 before the 5star tune and I'm down at 13 after

Icom F5021,RPG Stg 4+ Fox 3.0 coilovers, RPG Tie-rods (modified to camburg hardware), RPG PS reservoir, Camburg 1.25" UCA's , Raptor -Retro fit '13 HIDS, Line-x preminum, Bluewater LED bed lights, Ipad mini navigation. Bubba rope. Rollx, Recon 10.5k winch synth rope, factor 55, SVC Custom acuated tower. Visions 30" xmitter extreme, 35" toyo MT, visionx 6550 spot.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #44 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

10.6...here...i figured I would get in the mid 20s with a tuner...lol

Old 07-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #45 (permalink)
Full Access Member

With a CAI, cat delete, and aftermarket muffler system, along with an economy tune on 87 octane, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to pick up an additional 2-3 mpg. Shed a little weight somewhere too. Weight is a HUGE factor in power, MPG, everything. If you are running too cold of a spark plug, that will also hurt your mpg. With that stated, I dont see why doing all of the above and maybe shedding 50-75 pds somewhere, that truck should get 14-15 city 19-21 highway all day long.
Silnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #46 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Silnus View Post
With a CAI, cat delete, and aftermarket muffler system, along with an economy tune on 87 octane, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to pick up an additional 2-3 mpg. Shed a little weight somewhere too. Weight is a HUGE factor in power, MPG, everything. If you are running too cold of a spark plug, that will also hurt your mpg. With that stated, I dont see why doing all of the above and maybe shedding 50-75 pds somewhere, that truck should get 14-15 city 19-21 highway all day long.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #47 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Wild.. mine normally got 13.8-14.2 running 70mph. Added a Roush CAI and the mileage jumped to 15.3 at the same speed.

Adding in exhaust and tuner this evening and will see where it goes after that.

This is on a 2013 Screw.

Carson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:30 PM   #48 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I got my 5 star in over the weekend. I've been running the 87 performance tune so far. I do notice an improvement in my overall driving experience.

That said, all of the people that are getting improved has mileage with a tune...is that running a performance tune? In other words should the performance tune yield more fuel efficiency as well?

Also, I've noticed my miles to empty jump up to mid 500+ at full tank now. Prior to a tune, my truck was consistently showing around 390 something to empty at full tank (I was assuming this was due to the avg being 11.4 mpg).

Is that normal for my truck to show that high of a miles to empty while running 87 performance?

Thanks

David

Old 04-14-2017, 05:35 AM   #49 (permalink)

Originally Posted by RaptorEnthusiast View Post
I got my 5 star in over the weekend. I've been running the 87 performance tune so far. I do notice an improvement in my overall driving experience.

That said, all of the people that are getting improved has mileage with a tune...is that running a performance tune? In other words should the performance tune yield more fuel efficiency as well?

Also, I've noticed my miles to empty jump up to mid 500+ at full tank now. Prior to a tune, my truck was consistently showing around 390 something to empty at full tank (I was assuming this was due to the avg being 11.4 mpg).

Is that normal for my truck to show that high of a miles to empty while running 87 performance

Thanks

David
Wow!
ddd269 is offline   Reply With Quote