Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.


Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

Bully Dog Raptor Tuner Review


This is a discussion on Bully Dog Raptor Tuner Review within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Are you serious with that mileage, I haven't been looking hard but I haven't heard of anyone making that good, ...


User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes

Sponsored By: GotExhaust
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
 
RLTW's Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Fort Bragg, NC. From CC,TX.
Age: 32
Posts: 3,552
Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Default
Are you serious with that mileage, I haven't been looking hard but I haven't heard of anyone making that good, that's a game changer if so.
Maxx2893 and Mictian like this.






__________________
ICON 3.0 - ICON UCA - ICON Leaf Springs - SVC Bypass Rack - Custom King 4.0s - ICON BUMPSTOP/FRAME SUPPORT - RPG TIE RODS - ICON LCA SKIDS - UMP INTAKE - MBRP TURDOWN W/RES - 5STAR TUNE - METHOD 17" 105 BEADLOCKS - 37" BFG BAJA T/A KR - RPG RACELINE FRONT/REAR BUMPER - R1 BRAKE PACKAGE WITH AMSOIL FLUID AND SDHQ SS LINES - 5 x 6.7 VIS X LIGHT CANNONS - BD 60" ONNX ARC RE - BD S2 RE - LINEX BED - CRAVEN STUBBY
RLTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
 
Fred's Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,488
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by WilsonRaptor View Post
What are you getting fuel mileage with the 93 octane tune? Ill have to look into that rap. The bullydog made my truck a lot more fun to drive especially being able to hit 110 in fifth gear. What intake do you have?
Airaid intake and Magnaflow exhaust...

As for fuel milage 10.7 average 75% city driving...

Originally Posted by Mjghawaii View Post
I just ordered the 5startune as well. Should be here Monday. I'm corious about the mileage upgrade too. Did your truck have some hickups when you first change the program. I read that I may need to run a 100 miles before it is fully working properly.
You will love the the 5 star...like I said I run the 93 performance and it did take a several drive cycles to adapt...but it wasn't anything that annoying....I don't think it was a 100 miles...but I did drive it hard and not baby it one bit


__________________
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Janesville, WI
Age: 36
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
When I put my Bully Dog on my 2011 Ecoboost it royally screwed up the DTE and milage display on the dash. Calculate it by hand, I would bet my paycheck that you are getting the same you were before.

Don't EVER expect to seem more than "maybe" a 1 mpg improvement.
spoole96 likes this.


__________________
Greg
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Magnaflow Catback, AFE Intake, and SCT X4 Custom Tuning.
mrpositraction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
 
Raptor911's Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ashburn, VA
Age: 47
Posts: 2,522
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Agreed! I have no proof but the I think BD screws with the DTE and gives a false reading leading you to think you are get better gas mileage.

To the OP, drive your truck for 700 miles and I bet you run out of gas before you get to 600 miles.

Originally Posted by mrpositraction View Post
When I put my Bully Dog on my 2011 Ecoboost it royally screwed up the DTE and milage display on the dash. Calculate it by hand, I would bet my paycheck that you are getting the same you were before.

Don't EVER expect to seem more than "maybe" a 1 mpg improvement.


__________________
7/11/2012: 2013 Terrain Screw (801A, 96W & 76F) ordered. Dealer# F44070, Order# V465, priority 13
12/1/12: Drove her home
Raptor911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: A shit hole in Southwest Texas
Age: 27
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
I didn't think of that, if I was a tuning company and noticed that my product was doing what it was supposed to, I would start changing gauges to tell the customer what they want.
WilsonRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
 
Fred's Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,488
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by WilsonRaptor View Post
I didn't think of that, if I was a tuning company and noticed that my product was doing what it was supposed to, I would start changing gauges to tell the customer what they want.
"Massaging the numbers" is a dangerous game. I would hope BD or any other tuning company would never attempt to do this. I have no information to base this on at all. I will say, I did not get nor did I expect a mpg increase from an aftermarket tune.

If a tuning company, did indeed massage their numbers by tricking the computer, I would think they might as well file for bankruptcy.


__________________
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
 
DynoDynge's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Zavalla, TX
Age: 58
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
I would drive it with a GPS log & keep track of the gas & mileage with one of the many apps that are out there.
It's what I do & the stock DTE is pretty damn accurate.
Attached Thumbnails
img_2411%5B1%5D.jpg  


__________________
Being "politically correct" is the idea that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
DynoDynge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: A shit hole in Southwest Texas
Age: 27
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
"Massaging the numbers" is a dangerous game. I would hope BD or any other tuning company would never attempt to do this. I have no information to base this on at all. I will say, I did not get nor did I expect a mpg increase from an aftermarket tune.

If a tuning company, did indeed massage their numbers by tricking the computer, I would think they might as well file for bankruptcy.
Or at least change the name from an economy tuner to just a performance tuner.
WilsonRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
 
Jay.gordon's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 5 minutes from Mexico, AZ
Age: 46
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Airaid intake and Magnaflow exhaust...

As for fuel milage 10.7 average 75% city driving...



You will love the the 5 star...like I said I run the 93 performance and it did take a several drive cycles to adapt...but it wasn't anything that annoying....I don't think it was a 100 miles...but I did drive it hard and not baby it one bit

I have the 5star and have had no issues with it. You do want to have your ECU reset/relearn after you change out the tunes. I change the tunes depending on what I am doing. If I'm using it as a DD/travel I use my 89oct econ, if I'm messing with people or doing a strip cruise I'll switch to a 89 perf. it's simple and on this forum. I can tell you from past experiences you WILL know if you forgot to do this. (I also do this everytime I get my truck back from a shop"

Battery relearn
Because your vehicle’s engine is electronically controlled by a computer, some control conditions are maintained by power from the battery. When the battery is disconnected or a new battery is installed, the engine must relearn its idle and fuel trim strategy for optimum driveability and performance. Flexible fuel vehicles (FFV) must also relearn the ethanol content of the fuel for optimum driveability and performance. To begin this process:

1. With the vehicle at a complete stop, set the parking brake.

2. Put the gearshift in P (Park), turn off all accessories and start the engine.

3. Run the engine until it reaches normal operating temperature.

4. Allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.

5. Turn the A/C on and allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.

6. Release the parking brake. With your foot on the brake pedal and with the A/C on, put the vehicle in D (Drive) and allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.

7. Drive the vehicle to complete the relearning process.

• The vehicle may need to be driven 10 miles (16 km) or more to relearn the idle and fuel trim strategy along with the ethanol content for flexible fuel vehicles.

• If you do not allow the engine to relearn its idle trim, the idle quality of your vehicle may be adversely affected until the idle trim is eventually relearned.
How to: Reset Your ECU After Any Performance Modification
MTUH3 and Fred like this.
Jay.gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
 
Raptor911's Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ashburn, VA
Age: 47
Posts: 2,522
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
I don't understand, are you saying that one has to do this every time one uploads a new tune? For example going from 87 econ to 87 performance? If yes, what are the results of not resetting your ECU.

Originally Posted by Jay.gordon View Post
I have the 5star and have had no issues with it. You do want to have your ECU reset/relearn after you change out the tunes. I change the tunes depending on what I am doing. If I'm using it as a DD/travel I use my 89oct econ, if I'm messing with people or doing a strip cruise I'll switch to a 89 perf. it's simple and on this forum. I can tell you from past experiences you WILL know if you forgot to do this. (I also do this everytime I get my truck back from a shop"

Battery relearn
Because your vehicle’s engine is electronically controlled by a computer, some control conditions are maintained by power from the battery. When the battery is disconnected or a new battery is installed, the engine must relearn its idle and fuel trim strategy for optimum driveability and performance. Flexible fuel vehicles (FFV) must also relearn the ethanol content of the fuel for optimum driveability and performance. To begin this process:

1. With the vehicle at a complete stop, set the parking brake.

2. Put the gearshift in P (Park), turn off all accessories and start the engine.

3. Run the engine until it reaches normal operating temperature.

4. Allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.

5. Turn the A/C on and allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.

6. Release the parking brake. With your foot on the brake pedal and with the A/C on, put the vehicle in D (Drive) and allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.

7. Drive the vehicle to complete the relearning process.

• The vehicle may need to be driven 10 miles (16 km) or more to relearn the idle and fuel trim strategy along with the ethanol content for flexible fuel vehicles.

• If you do not allow the engine to relearn its idle trim, the idle quality of your vehicle may be adversely affected until the idle trim is eventually relearned.
How to: Reset Your ECU After Any Performance Modification


__________________
7/11/2012: 2013 Terrain Screw (801A, 96W & 76F) ordered. Dealer# F44070, Order# V465, priority 13
12/1/12: Drove her home
Raptor911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Tags
2012 raptor, 6.2l, bully dog, review, tuner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bully Dog tysonwright Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] 3 10-30-2012 02:39 PM
Is Bully Dog a good tuner? Rodrigo Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] 11 09-02-2012 08:26 PM
F/S: SCT X3 Tuner w/3 5 Star Tunes Unlocked & Locked SCT X3 Tuner WHYUMAD Garage Sale 1 04-28-2012 04:48 PM
BULLY DOG TUNER 2010 5.4 Anyone Have One? FAMARO Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-5.4 Liter Triton V8 [GEN 1] 4 03-19-2012 06:43 PM
Bully dog or superchip? Rodrigo Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] 14 03-08-2012 09:30 PM



GM Truck Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Dodge Ram Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Land Rover Forum
Scion FR-S Forum
TRD Forum
Central US Mopars
Southeast Mopars
Cadillac CTS Forum
Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club
Softball Forum