Is Bully Dog a good tuner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rodrigo

Reaction score
i know everyone prefers the SCT 5 star tuner, but i like the bully dog because it has the monitor in which you can switch from one mode to another mode real quick. should i buy bully dog? what do you recommend?

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bully Dog makes an excellent product. But, for the raptor, Mike @ 5star makes a much better product. They do tons of dyno runs to make the tune as best as possible for modification you already have done and their customer service is excellent!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I haven't heard of a single person running anything but 5 star on this site. It would be cool to hear reviews on other ones though.

jpanayotov

Reaction score
Has anyone run one of these on their raptor yet? I've searched the forums and haven't heard anyone's experience.

I have had good experience with bully dog in the past, and would like to see one on a raptor, but not sure if it would be worth it.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant go wrong with Mike!! give him a call up or PM him he will treat you good, also as a bonus 5star is having a labor day sale so jump on that while you still can :waytogo:

Grunzen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a BD in my Xterra. I really liked it and I really enjoyed the display. It offered the best tune for me and my setup. However the Raptor already can display all the info I used to have displayed on the BD so it came down to the best tunes for the vehicle and 5 Star was it.

saleen970

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Bully Dog for my Diesle truck and it worked great but Its not the hand held tuner that makes the 5 star superior its the tunes Mike from 5 star installs and from what I hear the customer service( I have not had to call him back). Normally a shop like Mikes has to pay a yearly fee to be able to install programs to each specific make of tuners, some larger shops do different brands like Bully Dog ect...not sure about Mike. SCT does make different tuners with displays and different options you might look at, I would call Mike and tell him what you are after.