Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the R1 Race concepts pads and discs about 5 months ago. I had my so called mechanic install them on my truck, and they were wonderful.
This weekend, I was coming back from a boy scout camporee, and heard the dreaded grinding of dead brakes.
I pulled them off, and saw that one pad was totally shot, outside, drivers side. The other three pads were nearly brand new. I was flummoxed. Obviously there was something sticking, somewhere, and it was likely the slides. I pulled them out, and though they were not dry, they were not likely lubed as well as I would have liked. I lubed them up with Anti-Seize, because it is rated to 1600 degrees, and put it all back together.
Has anyone else had issues with brake slides being sticky, and outside pads wearing?

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought the same R1 kit u have. I haven't switched them out yet but this just makes me want those Baer brake calipers even more now. Damn those slides. Fixed calipers FTW.

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of another guy on this forum having the same problem. Only one brake pad was completely worn out

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had that happen on other cars, frozen guide pins.

I've got to look at my brakes that I just replaced soon because they are dragging or squealing while I'm driving and not pressing on the brake pedal.