GEN 1 Brake Pad & Brake Rotor Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I've searched for this and couldn't get a definittive answer.
What's the common upgrade everyone is going with on the Rotors and the Brake Pads?

What brand Rotors ?
What brand brake pads?

Is this a significant improvement over the Stock OEM ?

thankyou in advance by the way

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 20% off deal is awesome. I actually purchased mine during a previous sale and let them sit in the garage until I needed a brake change because you don't see discounts like that very often. When I swapped mine I did the whole package from Freedom as suggested above along with the SDHQ brake lines. It's a good combo and I've driven them hard for over a year. One of the better upgrades for the truck if you drive hard. You know you'll need new brakes eventually no matter what, so why wait.

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought the R1 rotors and pads from Freedom Motorsports. I've tried several different types of pads including an AutoX compound from Carbotech which worked too well and chewed up the rotors in less than 20k miles.

If I had an unlimited budget, I'd get the RPG/Baer upgraded package with larger calipers and rotors.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those that MIGHT want it, we offer a BBK from R1 with custom colors, two piece rotors, 6 piston calipers that fit 17" wheel;s for less than $5K for the complete front and rear package

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that MIGHT want it, we offer a BBK from R1 with custom colors, two piece rotors, 6 piston calipers that fit 17" wheel;s for less than $5K for the complete front and rear package

That's a great deal! If I didn't need to dump money into my other car that I take to the track, I'd be all over that. I've never been happy with the braking on these trucks.

Thanks for the good deal on the stock replacement pads and rotors!

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the stock brakes squeak at slow stops. will I find relief with R1 Concepts Premium Series with Posi Quiet ceramic pads.?.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

the stock brakes squeak at slow stops. will I find relief with R1 Concepts Premium Series with Posi Quiet ceramic pads.?.

Yes. The posi quiet pads are a low noise, low dust formula. Brake dust on the rims and squeaking become a thing of the past

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay I've searched for this and couldn't get a definittive answer.
What's the common upgrade everyone is going with on the Rotors and the Brake Pads?

What brand Rotors ?
What brand brake pads?

Is this a significant improvement over the Stock OEM ?

thankyou in advance by the way
I took advantage of the sale at Freedom Motorsports, it's a great time to upgrade while this sale last!