Boss 427 Hurricane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
little known fact, the 6.2 was to be a diesel motor.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have piqued my interest. I've said all along we should have a 429 option.

OP
OP
Chrisandalex1

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have piqued my interest. I've said all along we should have a 429 option.

Hey Everybody, if I said to the power that be that we have 5 -10 guys who will do it right now, this would be a slam dunk for them.

This is a big win if we get it done, and I love that here at the FRF we have this kind of collective influence.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should just play the pimp.

And I am pretty sure I am going to make this happen, and it will be designed to handle boost.

If its designed to handle boost the comp ratio will be lower than whats desired for a n/a motor. Maybe they could build two models, one for boost and one for n/a application. The 6.2 stroke is just about there when comparing to the original 427, increase the piston size by a few hundred thousands and you'd be there. Add some decently aggressive cams, 11:1 comp, clean up the heads, support it to live at 8000 rpm and I think it would be fun as hell in the raptor.

OP
OP
Chrisandalex1

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If its designed to handle boost the comp ratio will be lower than whats desired for a n/a motor. Maybe they could build two models, one for boost and one for n/a application. The 6.2 stroke is just about there when comparing to the original 427, increase the piston size by a few hundred thousands and you'd be there. Add some decently aggressive cams, 11:1 comp, clean up the heads, support it to live at 8000 rpm and I think it would be fun as hell in the raptor.

This dead on the plan.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all i can say is this block is not done with big power increases.
the rest of the story will come out very soon.

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G&P will take two. One for Race and one for Chase...
:wizserious:
We need to discuss price point.
Also we can be active in development and testing if need be...

Last edited: