Boss 427 Hurricane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many of you guys would be interested in a 7L version of the Raptor Engine?

Originally, Ford developed the 6.2L Boss engine architecture under the name Hurricane; however, development of the engine was delayed due to its temporary cancellation in 2005. It was revived in early 2006 by Mark Fields and was given the new name of Boss in light of the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina in 2005

So I am thinking this engine should be called the "Boss 427 Hurricane".

And for those that know me, you already know that I am doing this, it is just wether I do just one, or interest justifies bringing it to market.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bring it to the market. I couldn't afford one yet but would like to do a monster n/a motor down the road. I could also see people building hot rods or mustangs taking advantage of this.

OP
OP
Chrisandalex1

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bring it to the market. I couldn't afford one yet but would like to do a monster n/a motor down the road. I could also see people building hot rods or mustangs taking advantage of this.

I agree. I think this would be a hot ticket item. I also think Ford really needs to revive the 427, and "Boss 427 Hurricane is SEXY SOUNDING.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heck yeah! A dohc 4v 427 would really be something! But a 427 in the current 2v sohc would still be bad ass.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depending on price i think there would be a ton of interest.

If they could keep it close to crate motor prices, vs "custom built stroker" prices i think they would have a huge hit on their hands

e.g. 18-12k long block

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The idea is to keep it in the Crate Motor price range.

Hell then i could prob even swing that with a lil bit of that thing people refer to as "saving".

:)

tho id rather it have solid internals that would be able to eat a bit of boost. Basically i want a livornis motor but cant plink down 30k for one done close to right.

Chris, be my internet savior and make that happen for me ;) So i can start working on my abs and glut's so you know, i can command more "motor money" per gig on the corner.

OP
OP
Chrisandalex1

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell then i could prob even swing that with a lil bit of that thing people refer to as "saving".

:)

tho id rather it have solid internals that would be able to eat a bit of boost. Basically i want a livornis motor but cant plink down 30k for one done close to right.

Chris, be my internet savior and make that happen for me ;) So i can start working on my abs and glut's so you know, i can command more "motor money" per gig on the corner.

Maybe you should just play the pimp.

And I am pretty sure I am going to make this happen, and it will be designed to handle boost.

Last edited: