Borla Touring Cat-Back Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yesterday my Borla Touring (no drone, less aggressive) Cat-Back was delivered to my exhaust shop.

DSC00527.jpg

This morning I took my Raptor to the shop.
It's up on the rack and I took a pic of the stock resonator

DSC00526.jpg

It took about 35 minutes to lift truck, remove stock cat-back, find a couple bolts, washers, and nuts that weren't in the kit, install the Borla, and lower the lift. It went right in place with zero issues or complications

DSC00528.jpg

I got a pic of the tips while it was still on the lift:

DSC00529.jpg

On the way home I noticed a deeper, richer exhaust note with about the same dB at steady speeds as the stock cat-back. A deeper, fuller exhaust note under acceleration that was a little more dB than stock.

At home I took pic of tips:

DSC00530.jpg

(I don't know how to post an audible link.)

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You should upload the clip to youtube or something and just link it to us, I guess.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great bro. You would think for $1,000 thier kit would not be missing parts though!

Did they include a nice Borla baseball cap in the box too, or have they stopped that?

OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good. Was there any drone? What is the Borla part#? Where did you buy? How much? Thanks in advance.

Where I purchased they had no part number

Regretably, our Forum Vendors didn't offer the Borla Cat-Backs.

I paid $1,179.95 with free shipping via FedEx.

OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good. Was there any drone? What is the Borla part#? Where did you buy? How much? Thanks in advance.

Looks great bro. You would think for $1,000 thier kit would not be missing parts though!

Did they include a nice Borla baseball cap in the box too, or have they stopped that?

They offer two different Borla cat-backs:
S-Type (Stinger) - aggressive
Touring - two small mufflers and a smaller resonator

And yes, I got the Borla baseball cap

Irunone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deinonychus or any other forum member/s, interested to know if you have heard the S-type and how it compares to the Touring. I've read the Borla description and basically the Touring sounds quieter "less aggressive" but would like to hear from someone that has actually heard both. The reason I ask is I installed the S-type a couple of months back and like how it sounds overall, but as my truck is also a DD, I've had complaints from wife/kids that it is too loud on the highway. This exhaust is not exactly a low ticket item but am tempted to put my S-type up for sale and go the route you took with the touring exhaust.

OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Deinonychus or any other forum member/s, interested to know if you have heard the S-type and how it compares to the Touring. I've read the Borla description and basically the Touring sounds quieter "less aggressive" but would like to hear from someone that has actually heard both. The reason I ask is I installed the S-type a couple of months back and like how it sounds overall, but as my truck is also a DD, I've had complaints from wife/kids that it is too loud on the highway. This exhaust is not exactly a low ticket item but am tempted to put my S-type up for sale and go the route you took with the touring exhaust.

You're experiencing what concerned me. I've got two cars with aggressive exhausts, so I can get my fill if I want.

I too use the Raptor as a DD and would like to take some vacations in it with my wife, where she can enjoy the trip.

But to your question, I hadn't heard the S-Type. I only knew that I needed a cat-back with a resonator if I was to expect a "wife-approved cat-back".