Big news for Whipple guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 745 RWHP with stock pump and 47lb injectors and 3.10 pulley , on the Gen 3 we go with 60lb injectors . The estimated HP gain is 70HP with moderate tune.

You are making 745whp on pump gas with the 47# injectors! Geez that thing has to be a blast. I didn't know the motor/tranny would take that kind of power.

Who did the install and tune?

OP
OP
T

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
**** that 2.9L I want gt40's 4.5L blower
lol

Yeah... when you figure that out do let the rest of us know.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

I thought the whipple already had pulleys in place to make more boost than the engine/trans could handle already? I know when I went with the roush and had to make a custom 10% lower to gain 30whp/40wtq guys told me I was crazy to think anyone would pay $700 for the mod but this is a 4k mod for 30whp. I understand it can be turned up even higher but what is the most whipple guys have seen on the current Gen blowers on pump gas?

You can definitely run a small enough pulley to make enough boost to hurt the stock motor with a Whipple. The difference here is that you're getting a minimum of a 30 RWHP increase without any additional boost. The rotor set is just that much more efficient, which means that much easier to drive at any given boost level. Shouldn't be any harder on the motor at all.

Or at least that's the theory. Looks like we're going to find out soon, though, thanks to metronyc!

I'm talking to my guy about it, as well... trying to find a time when I can get it in for the install. Have a few road trips coming up and won't be able to be without the truck until November/December, unfortunately.

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't won't to disrespect Gen 2 owners , my fun truck for weekends and off road events its Gen 1 , daily driving ladies truck Gen 2 (no mods) .

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have 745 RWHP with stock pump and 47lb injectors and 3.10 pulley , on the Gen 3 we go with 60lb injectors . The estimated HP gain is 70HP with moderate tune.

Hey MetroNYC, you made a typo that's 745 fwhp and 545 rwhp, I do forget what JDM's final number was for you.

Last edited:

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fixed the typo. we will do the dyno before the upgrade and 2 after one with 47lb injectors and one with 60lb . after a long conversation with Whipple we maybe do the installation in 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill buy a gen 2

If anyone gets this setup I might be willing to buy there used Gen 2 as long as the price isnt stupid.

Bill

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

so $4100?

Do they have a "crisis marriage counselor" option/package?

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey MetroNYC, you made a typo that's 745 fwhp and 545 rwhp, I do forget what JDM's final number was for you.

Ok that makes more sense. I was feeling really upset about my umber s and just wanting to see how 750whp would feel on a whipple Raptor. Still great numbers and with gen 3 upgrade will be knocking on the door of 600whp and 600wtq which should be a perfect DD set up.

Does anyone know the weak link on the 6.2 and what is the power we can see before rods, trans, drive shaft etc start giving way?