BBK throttle body?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bregsraptor

Reaction score
Anyone​ on here have the BBK throttle body on their Raptor?

I currently have a SW exhaust and headers with a KnN CAI. Just got 5 star tunes. Trying to see if there is anyone running everything you can without going the supercharger route

Thanks

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need to use the forum search tab and type in BBK.

There is no benefit in going bigger with the air valve (TB) on a stock block.
You would need heads and/or cams to make the engine pump more.

Last edited:

Oregon Trail

Reaction score
Anyone installed livernois cams with CAI and headers? Would this be the best way to create more HP without supercharging?

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 5 Star tune , Cat back , S&B intake and BBK with a JMS pedal max . Didn't notice much with the BBK but faster throttle response . Never Dynoed before and after so cant say it does or doesn't make anything but BBK claims like 15RWHP . I have long tubes getting ready to go on . If you do full exhaust and you are moving more air out you have to be able to move more in . Of course I.M.O.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I doubt you'll see much of any gains with a larger throttle body. You need to up the airflow by a lot before a larger throttle body would be of benefit.

Ricks_y

Reaction score
I have K&N cai-pedal commander- BBK-5star-exhaust- 6 row trans cooler never dynoed.

I felt the big difference after the 5star, but the biggest was after the pedal commander.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its still a lot for me to grab that people want more power out of these motors. a tune sure, but all the worthwhile upgrades are in suspension and making everything smoother and faster offroad. it has so much power out of the gate.