Art Carr Gate Shifter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what it would take to make this work? Does the gear indicator in the dash work off of the shifter itself or from inside the transmission? The factory Tow/haul and +/- buttons could be moved to the center console I'm sure, so is it really just a matter of hooking up the cable?

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to know how to separate the stock shifter? If anyone knows it be appreciated. Figure I could swap the Tow/Haul button with a radio PTT button if I could figure out how to take the thing apart. Been fulling with it a few minutes.

G & P Racing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know what it would take to make this work? Does the gear indicator in the dash work off of the shifter itself or from inside the transmission? The factory Tow/haul and +/- buttons could be moved to the center console I'm sure, so is it really just a matter of hooking up the cable?

You might try Jason at SDHQ. I know there is one on the ECO Raptor race truck they have on their showroom floor. He sent us a photo a while back when we were thinking about setting up an art carr shifter. Tried to find the photo for you but no luck. I recall that the gate had to be cut back a little bit to get it to go into first. This was setup for a 4L80, not the 6L80. I think Wiz bought one to install on his rig at some future point, but not sure. Would not work for me with a 2011.

OP
OP
Steele16

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the manual mode is triggered by the position of the shift linkage in the tranny then a 4 speed version should work. ... Atleast I would hope so

Last edited: