Anyone running water/**** injection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roush6.2

Reaction score
I have a 6.2 with Roushcharger with a bunch of mods. Pretty much maxed out now. Going to install the Afco HE with fans and looking at doing **** injection. Had it on dyno yesterday and it gets hot real quick. It was a hot day outside. But we just managed to do get a few pulls in when it got to the point it was too hot and hp was dropping.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't heard any Eaton SC setups running ****, but there are a few with Whipples that do.
Livernois would be the people to talk to if anybody.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you running the larger HE that Roush now has as in their kits?

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have an Alkycontrols 100% **** kit on my truck, I'm running a whipple plus the big dual fan heat exchanger. Works great to keep temps down.

OP
OP
R

Roush6.2

Reaction score
Are you running the larger HE that Roush now has as in their kits?

No I'm not. I'm sure it's an improvement on what I have. But, it wouldn't do a whole lot for me. I'm going with the Afco with dual fan set up.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Yeah I have an Alkycontrols 100% **** kit on my truck, I'm running a whipple plus the big dual fan heat exchanger. Works great to keep temps down.

How do you like it? How much methanol are you going through? Where are you spraying? Between MAF and TB? Also thinking of adding a Killer Chiller also.

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Killer chiller isn't worth it unless you're putting out a lot more boost imo. I work on a lot of hotrods, killer chiller is overkill. Depends how hard I run my truck and what level I'm spraying at, as there are 10 settings. I've gone through a gallon of **** in two days before. Yes, spraying after MAF. I guess I like it, it helps with temps. It definitely shows on the Dyno too.

OP
OP
R

Roush6.2

Reaction score
Killer chiller isn't worth it unless you're putting out a lot more boost imo. I work on a lot of hotrods, killer chiller is overkill. Depends how hard I run my truck and what level I'm spraying at, as there are 10 settings. I've gone through a gallon of **** in two days before. Yes, spraying after MAF. I guess I like it, it helps with temps. It definitely shows on the Dyno too.

Sorry to revive an old thread. But where did you put the tank? I'm installing the Afco HE with dual fans today. Then I want to order the Alky kit. Just trying to figure out where we'll put the tank.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread. But where did you put the tank? I'm installing the Afco HE with dual fans today. Then I want to order the Alky kit. Just trying to figure out where we'll put the tank.

His tank is located up front, next to the heat exchanger. For those of you that use a lot of ****, we are working on a bed mounted solution as well.