Anyone running a different throttle body when SC??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to find out if anyone is running a different throttle body with their SC setup and what gains they are seeming to find.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have used the Ford Racing Twin 65mm and Mono blade Cobra Jet throttle body with the Whipple and Roush blowers. Both are beneficial in adding more throttle response and power. We see on average 15-20 RWHP with the twin 65mm through out the entire power curve! That is a seat of the pants gain you will notice! The mono blade is worth about 10 HP more but is touchy and very responsive, we reserve those for Race cars! If you need any help with ordering one we have them for a great deal on our website here...

JDM Engineering Ford Racing Twin 65mm Throttle body

JimIII@JDM

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from Jim. Mine is going on tomorrow. I will let you know what I think tomorrow night when I pick her back up. Upgrading the intercooler as well. Running JDM tune as well. Good people there and good service. They know their stuff. I did the research before going with them.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With a PD blower you will notice great gains when ever your remove restriction before the screws as its under vacuum. (You will not see as big of gains with a Turbo or Centri SC setup by going to a bigger TB as it will be under boost)

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I got mine from Jim. Mine is going on tomorrow. I will let you know what I think tomorrow night when I pick her back up. Upgrading the intercooler as well. Running JDM tune as well. Good people there and good service. They know their stuff. I did the research before going with them.

I spoke to your guy today who's doing the install! If he has any questions I told him to call. Thanks!

JimIII

OP
OP
Key

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have used the Ford Racing Twin 65mm and Mono blade Cobra Jet throttle body with the Whipple and Roush blowers. Both are beneficial in adding more throttle response and power. We see on average 15-20 RWHP with the twin 65mm through out the entire power curve! That is a seat of the pants gain you will notice! The mono blade is worth about 10 HP more but is touchy and very responsive, we reserve those for Race cars! If you need any help with ordering one we have them for a great deal on our website here...

JDM Engineering Ford Racing Twin 65mm Throttle body

JimIII@JDM

So you run the 2007-2011 GT500 throttle body?? Also, any deals on those? I'll have Livernois throw it on when they're doing everything else!

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So you run the 2007-2011 GT500 throttle body?? Also, any deals on those? I'll have Livernois throw it on when they're doing everything else!

Yes the Whipple and Roush TVS blowers use the GT500 stock throttle body. The Ford Racing Cobra Jet twin 65mm and Mono blade are both direct replacments for the GT500 unit so they are a nice upgrade for these trucks! If you need help ordering one check out our site! Ford Raptor-Mustang-Shelby GT500-F-150 Performance Parts & Tuning-JDM Engineering

JimIII