AIRRAID Installation on 2011 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but there wasnt any leaks unless there is a split in the cai some where. Checked the connections multiple times.

ill look it over when I get back.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update? Did the CEL turn off?

Nope, I had to take the CAI off Saturday morning and do the batt disconnect again. I didn't want to chance running the CAI on a 8+ hr round trip I was taking this past weekend.

I'm hoping to give Airraid a call today and go from there.

69Mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Finally had two minutes to call Airaid and they basically said there's nothing they can do without me pulling the code first. I figured as much, but had to head out last Saturday, so I didn't have time to pull the code first.

I'll reinstall tonight / tomorrow, again, and go from there.

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Finally had two minutes to call Airaid and they basically said there's nothing they can do without me pulling the code first. I figured as much, but had to head out last Saturday, so I didn't have time to pull the code first.

I'll reinstall tonight / tomorrow, again, and go from there.

I feel your pain man, I have dealt with a similar issue with a CAI on my old Silverado. I took it off and reinstalled a few times and I know it was correct, but kept throwing a code. So I took it off and sent it back. Don't want to deal with that with the Raptor. For now I just have a drop in K&N high flow filter in the stock box.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run e-30 have an aFe SW headers no codes or wrench. took the cat's off and deleted the sensors works great. not sure if I would have had to but didn't want to be looking at a light on the dash. yep e-30 rocks

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a question for all, I purchased the Airaid kit and it drones very badly, I can here the motor inside the cab. Th sound level is a complere night and day difference, I do not have an exhaust all oem stock but now it sounds like it has flowmasters inside the cab. Do you guys have a fix for that or do you think making a lid will resolve this problem?

Evidently you didn't read the whole thread. If you use the edge gasket on all four sides of the airbox extension, you will eliminate much of that drone. I also blocked the slots where the AIRAID airbox extension meets the factory airbox with duct tape. Mine doesn't drone. You can hear the shift points when you're into the throttle, but that's all. You can go back to the photos I posted when I opened this thread and see/read.

Last edited:

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone have a problem with the new box not lining up with the old existing air box. There is a gap about a 1/2" wide under the intake hose where the old and new box should come together. Everywhere else the box fits together great. Also, the plastic clips are now too long to engage the new metal box. It's like it's not setting up high enough. The Airraid model says it's for the 2013, which is my year, so that can't be the problem.