AirAid Filter Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sano Dano View Post

Currently have an AirAid CAI on my 2011 SCREW......What was the issues with yours?

Originally Posted by MajorAR View Post

The problem that we found with the AIRAID CAI is, the filter itself is not supported in any manner within the airbox. The type of terrain that we drive in at Ocotillo Wells can be rather harsh. There is a great deal of bouncing around, thus the AIRAID filter bounces around in the air box. This puts a bit of pressure/torgue on the filter, where it attaches to the intake tube. There is only about a 1/2" to 1" of tube that the filter can attach too via the band clamp. Result...it falls off and then bad things happen when the dusty air is allowed into the CAI. In my case, it fowled the Mass Air Flow Sensor...shutting down my truck. I believe AIRAID developed these CAI for on road use only/street queen in mind.

Originally Posted by RMDesigns View Post

Same thing happened to my POS AirRaid last weekend. Over 300 offroad miles I lost the filter 4 times. Finally had to cut a towel and wedge it between the side of the airbox and the filter so it couldn't move.

As stated from the posts above and additional posts, I decided to take a look at my AirAid CAI to see if there is a fix for the filter coming off.

Here is what I came up with,

Need a 1.5" x 1/8" flat stock aluminum, 2 - #10 x 5/8" bolts with nuts.

Cut flat stock to 13", measure 1.5" from each end and bend a 90 at each end.

Mark the center of each "flap" and drill a hole in the center for the bolts, I slotted one end for some adjustably.

Place brace in the AirAid air box extension with filter to mark where to drill holes. Remove AirAid extension and drill holes.

Reinstall AirAid and filter and bolt up the brace.....

The filter will no longer be a problem!

Attachments

• AirAid 5.jpg
    AirAid 5.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 82
  • AirAid 3.jpg
    AirAid 3.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 81
  • AirAid 4.jpg
    AirAid 4.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 80