AFR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rap Tour87

Reaction score
This may already be on here somewhere but what are y'alls air fuel ratios running at post tune? I know before it should be around 14 are y'all still seeing that after a dyno tune?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At idle everybody is at 14 +/- .1, doesn't matter pre or post Tune, Supercharged or NA.
You really don't want to run it lean while idling.
Proper fueling keeps the cylinder heads cool, and since we have dual spark plugs we are more prone to detonation.
But when you're on the gas having a slightly leaner AFR will produce more HP, and most Tuners adjust for that.
Even the stock Tune will lean a little bit on full throttle.

Having said all that, why are you asking?

OP
OP
R

Rap Tour87

Reaction score
Just wondering tune made a HUGE difference!!!! Most on here say they don't notice much from intake but from both intake and tune I notice a ridiculous difference. I got a MPT race tune and AFE magnum stage two intake. 0-60 dropped to around 5.9 seconds which is incredible for this truck. That's according to a downloaded app, but I recorded it and it seemed pretty spot on. The AFR drops a little at wot but I was wondering what a safe AFR is, without going too lean. Just curious to see if some are running leaner with better gains.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The big difference you're experiencing it the throttle body opening up at near 100% from take off.
The stock Tune limits the TB at 50% till 3,500 rpms.

11 to 12 AFR is ok, and the PCM would through a code if you get to low for to long.

OP
OP
R

Rap Tour87

Reaction score
Ok well that makes since. So am I losing that much Hp by running a 14 AFR as opposed to an 11 or 12?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like I mention before it's not the AFR that your feeling.
It's the TB blade opening up to 100% at take off and the advanced timing.

Even if the Tune leaned out the AFR, It's a stock engine, the gains would be minimal, more like 3 to 5 HP

A Tune alone can yield you the most, most are seeing 20 - 30 HP
C.A.I. is more for sound then actual HP gains if any.

Last edited: