Afe cold air intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in the process of changing the cold air that came with my truck whichwas an afe one with a volant I just Baught due to it having a paper filter and looking down the tube past the filter is this and my throttle body butterfly was coated in a layer of dirt I hope the volant does better than this because this is disappointing

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380509943749.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380509943749.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
tbone

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was going to do that too but i didnt have all the stock parts i took off so i baught the volant one because its a paper filter hopefully its better but after the next run i go on im going to take it off and see if it does the same ill try to remember to update this then.

2008fx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you breathe when you talk? Lol

i swear i just had coffee come out my nose from laughing from reading this while taking a drink and it spilled onto my computer but its okay its a piece of crap but now im mad because i wasted my morning coffee which i had to get out of bed and make and now my day is ruined.

all in good fun - as far as the intake goes - ive always had good luck with k&n filters in the stock box, and with s&b intakes. however, s&b doesnt make an intake for this truck. Im not planning on getting a tune anytime soon, so i just got the drop in. I have an AFE dry filter in my jeep, but running a snorkel. on dusty trail rides i run donaldson topspin prefilter that seperates particulates from air and prevents them from getting into the airbox.

this was my jeeps brand new s&b intake/filter after a nasty trail ride:

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

really wish they made one for the 6.2 - i think they have an ecoboost intake in development. maybe the 6.2 isnt too far behind.

Last edited: