aFe CAI elbow problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay.gordon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the tuner/ aFe stage 2 kit from 5 star about 1.5 years ago and the tune (and Mike) have been fantastic.
The aFe has been fine up until yesterday. I drove back from Phoenix last weekend and there had been a dust storm. I usually clean my filter at every oil change but decided to do it early. Long story short the elbow where the CAI tube attaches to the filter shield tore when I lifted the filter shield up to get the filter out! I looked at it more today as I was applying a liberal wrap of 100mph tape and it looked like it was dry rotting also.
I contacted aFe and they are shipping me a new elbow but that limits my activities until that part gets in.

Has anyone else have this problem and where can I get a higher quality silicone elbow and also a replacement for the silicone piece that attaches to the CAI and the throttle body.