8 Groove kit for TVS2300 and tensioner for max boost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded their supercharger to an 8 groove or 10 groove pulley and belt system?

Also what sort of tensioner are the people using with the higher boost applications?

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have modified the American Racing Solutions 3V Mustang Tensioner to fit the Raptor. It's something we do in house. It comes with an 8 rib pulley, you would just have to get 8 rib pulleys for the rest of your belt drive. The Idlers would be easy. The Accessories though might be a problem. Also you would need a custom 8 rib blower pulley.

We typically don't have issues with our trucks running 75mm or 72mm pulleys on the blower. What is your setup?

JimIII

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
I have the 75mm pulley on now. I was thinking of getting a 72mm and a larger 90mm idler pulley to help with the slack on the Roush belt.

I would love to stay with the 6 groove that is on it now if I can.

Would larger injectors be required with that much boost?

I also plan on putting on the larger 71mm Whipple throttle body to help with the air.

Obviously this is going to require colder plugs too. Planning on going with the NGK 6510.

Then regear to 4:56 in the spring to help with the 37" tires.

We have modified the American Racing Solutions 3V Mustang Tensioner to fit the Raptor. It's something we do in house. It comes with an 8 rib pulley, you would just have to get 8 rib pulleys for the rest of your belt drive. The Idlers would be easy. The Accessories though might be a problem. Also you would need a custom 8 rib blower pulley.

We typically don't have issues with our trucks running 75mm or 72mm pulleys on the blower. What is your setup?

JimIII

Last edited:

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have the 75mm pulley on now. I was thinking of getting a 72mm and a larger 90mm idler pulley to help with the slack on the Roush belt.

I would love to stay with the 6 groove that is on it now if I can.

Would larger injectors be required with that much boost?

I also plan on putting on the larger 71mm Whipple throttle body to help with the air.

Obviously this is going to require colder plugs too. Planning on going with the NGK 6510.

Then regear to 4:56 in the spring to help with the 37" tires.

The 47# injectors will be fine with your Roush for the 75mm and 72mm pulley size. Going to a 69mm may require bigger injectors.

I would recommend the Ford Racing twin 65mm TB. They are more consistent and better for daily driving.

The NGK plugs are a must, gap them to .030"

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
So after some reading I am thinking that adding a **** kit would help with everything across the board. I want to have fun in the truck but also keep it for the long haul.

Any experience with ****/water injection with the above set up I am looking to run with maybe 10 lbs of boost?

The 47# injectors will be fine with your Roush for the 75mm and 72mm pulley size. Going to a 69mm may require bigger injectors.

I would recommend the Ford Racing twin 65mm TB. They are more consistent and better for daily driving.

The NGK plugs are a must, gap them to .030"

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So after some reading I am thinking that adding a **** kit would help with everything across the board. I want to have fun in the truck but also keep it for the long haul.

Any experience with ****/water injection with the above set up I am looking to run with maybe 10 lbs of boost?

I don't rely on **** injection because it's an add on system that could fail or not work properly and leave you up shit's creek with out a paddle. A bigger heat exchanger is your best combatant of lowering intake temps when running higher boost levels.

FORD RAPTOR HEAT EXCHANGER UPGRADE ROUSH & WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGERS