6.2L with Volant CAI Humiliated by Harley Davidson series F250 with custom tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K.O.

Reaction score
https://vimeo.com/135880095 So I made a short day trip out to pismo yesterday and quickly found that I need more power. As you can see, not only did my buddy in his F250 run circles around me all day but I noticed that coming out of corners/building speed and momentum seemed to put a lot of stress on my engine and kept the tranny hot averaging about 226 degrees. Now I don't know if the combination of running 37" tires 2wd and sand is a lot for a 6.2 and CAI but I was definitely not getting the power I want/expect. However, when I threw my truck into 4HI I was able to keep up him, but that's a no brainer. I am going to run SVC's latest tune, but I'm wondering what other options I have for increasing power? Has anyone re-geared their 6.2? I'm not going to run long tubes cause I can't get away with it in California and a supercharger seems a little pricey for me at the moment. Thanks in advance!

-Kendrick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You changed the design of the truck by adding 37' tires, now you need to change the axle gearing to match the factory design. Change your axle ratios to 4.56 or 4.88 (not sure if they offer a 4.56 front and rear ring gear). By adding 37' tires You changed your truck axle ratio from 4.11 to 3.88 thats why you are over heating and feel like you are bogging down. To get close to factory setting you need a 4.34 but you could go 4.56 and be good

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a kink in my neck from watching the video. Lol. The SVC tune will help on the road but if you're using off-road mode the tune won't change that. I say regear the rear to make up for the loss of the 37's. But if you're going to drop that much $ you might as well throw a little more at it and go SC.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you can keep up in 4X4 it is not a question of power, but a question on traction.
Get tires that will grip in the sand... start with lower air pressure.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you can keep up in 4X4 it is not a question of power, but a question on traction.
Get tires that will grip in the sand... start with lower air pressure.

I agree. If you were able to keep up in 4WD but not 2WD then you don't need more power, you need better tires.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change out that Volant CAI and get a real CAI ... That's why you lost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk