6.2L Increase Efficiency and Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunter31789

Reaction score
I know that the SVT team has a very well designed system in the Raptor but i was wondering if anyone knew what kinds of things could be done to increase the power by for example decreasing the exhaust restriction or intake restriction or power programming? Has anyone tried anything or at the best have dyno results for power increases?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
welcome.jpg

Well, the first 6.2s are just now out. People have waited for months for their Raptors and now that they've received them they're getting used to them, learning about them and enjoying them.

Maybe tomorrow someone will put a blower on their Raptor 6.2 :mrgreen: but for now, not yet.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards,

Anyhow, as pointed out above the 6.2 is still relatively new, that and people buying Raptor's isn't overly concerned about efficiency.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome! As has been said, the 6.2 is so new that it will probably take some time to see any mods hit the market. But when the mods do hit, and they will, you'll be able to hear about them here!

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL you guys are suprised? There's always gonna be those looking to push the envelope. And I'd betcha there are already several well modded 6.2s rolling around at this moment. We just need to get those folks posting about it here :)

Welcome hunter! Looking forward to the answers to your questions myself.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
LOL you guys are suprised? There's always gonna be those looking to push the envelope. And I'd betcha there are already several well modded 6.2s rolling around at this moment. We just need to get those folks posting about it here :)

+1

Welcome aboard!!

OP
OP
H

hunter31789

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcomes guys! Yeah i suppose we will just have to give it some time and see what people discover in the coming months. As for efficiency goes i realize fuel mileage isnt a persons number 1 or 20th concern when buying a raptor but the way i figure if you can unrestrict the exhaust for example or power program it and squeeze 2mpg out of it on the highway giving lets say 16 or 17 mpg highway all of a sudden you have a badass truck that can send you hurtling over sand dunes as well as nearly attain the fuel efficiency of lighter smaller engine trucks like the toyota tacoma which i have read only gets like 19 or 20 mpg highway.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Hunter!

I too am watching with curiosity the MPG question. Granted, as has been said so much it is practically a mantra - you don't buy a Raptor for the gas mileage.. but some discussions I have heard bandied around about artificially inflating the price of gas do concern me a bit.

The general idea is this... the Government inflates the price of gas to the 10 dollar a gallon (I have heard as low as 5 dollars but my money is on 10) range. The "Tax" [<--- I am being kind here, and trying hard to stay within the "No Politics - EVER" guidelines of our forum. There are other, more appropriate words for this action] will purportedly be used to subsidise the poor and downtrodden so that the gas price increase won't effect them (I don't expect any Raptor owners to be in this group).

According to theory... that massive decrease in gas consumption will drive the sand fleas back into the stone age and break the strangle hold on the US through Oil addiction. Oh... and this has nothing to do with social engineering. Or forcing the capitalistic guzzlers in the US to punitively pay through the nose and then some for our evil oil addiction. And I am sure the "Tax" will go away when we have won the idealistic "War" against the "Rich" in this country... oops, I meant to say the "Rich" in the Oil Producing countries. After all... they didn't lie about global warming, did they?

All that said, and highlighting that this forum is NOT a political soapbox and for very good reasons.... it becomes an issue for the fuel efficiency of the Raptor. Some members report getting their Raptors Keyed or spit on in supposed protest to "another gas guzzler. The facts are the 5.4 gets comparability good gas mileage - and the 6.2 is supposed to be as good or better due to inherent design changes. However, the reports I have read so far range from the 10.2 MPG on the lower side to 14-16 MPG at best on the 6.2.

There are some VERY smart guys on this board... Ford Senior Master Mechanics and people with extensive drag racing and Dyno testing experience. They KNOW engines. And they say that the MPG takes a while to get to it's final value... due to break in of all the moving parts in the motor and the drive train.

I really respect and trust these guy's opinions... but I am still watching with interest the MPG on the 6.2. Mine is scheduled to be built May 10th and I am watching gas prices climb again... and reading the "Theories" about possible reasons why... I watch them even closer <G>.

Again... welcome to the BEST Raptor forum!

Falcon

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What...? I didn't scare you guys away talking about the T*x man did I? <G>

Falcon

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh...

I doubt gas will get that high... I honestly doubt it will get to 5 dollars. Even if they did a ten fold increase in the current rate of federal fuel tak that would still only be in the low 4s here in west tx...

And honestly I think you have more to worry about from the backlash against offshore drilling that will occur due to the current issues in the Gulf of Mexico than you have to worry about from what is going on in the sand box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts